Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Christmas came early this year to Tiki Island...

Pages: 1 3 replies

...or: Loose a lamp, win a Moai!

After having won a cool mid-century ceramic lamp (I LOVE lamps) on U.S. e-bay while working in Germany...

...I was looking forward to beholding it upon my return this past Saturday. Well, my dreams were literally shattered when I opened the box:

It had been naively packaged, and now was clearly beyond salvaging. To think this baby lasted this long in mint condition to then end up like this, what a crying shame.

But then Santa smiled on me, in the person of Chris "Teeks" Felts, who, as thanks for the inspiration, encouragement and advice I had provided to him, decided that I needed to own one of his Stone Tikis:

Apparently the set up seen above got a lot of thumbs up and honks on its way on the freeway all the way up from Oceanside! :)
An appropriate spot was quickly chosen:

Presenting Mr Moai, and Teeks, his creator. He is Big Daddy Olu's little brother now (Mr. Moai, that is!):

Great job on the stone texture, Chris! And in case you wonder where to find such a beaut, you should be able to decipher the cryptic Rongo Rongo on the top knot :)

T

Yes a sad day for the lamp but a sweet tiki indeed. Merry Christmas Sven. Scott & April

8T

OUCH! Mrs. 8FT (another vintage lamp lover) is weeping over your loss. But on the bright side we got to see another outdoor shot of your wonderful place. Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas Bigbro

T

Wow, what a nice Christmas present Sven. StoneTiki.com has some really nice pieces. It's a damn shame it would cost a mint to ship one up here to the NE.. :( Sorry to hear & see what happened to you lamp also.

Pages: 1 3 replies