Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Art Supplies for Christmas?

Pages: 1 28 replies

Didya get any cool supplies for Christmas? I got a gift certificate to New Mexico Clay (online source for glazes), "Handbuilt Pottery Techniques Revealed" by Jacqui Atkin, and some Precious Metal Bronze clay.

HUGE 18x24 hot-press Aquarelle watercolor paper!
an isssue of Hi-Fructose
(more intelligent articles than juxtapoz!)
and a bunch of those sumi ink brush pens
in the colors i ran out of!
and a 12x48 canvas that is screaming for a rowers piece!
Merry christmas!
:)

I got a cool book on Maori & Northwest coast art called "Manawa, pacific heartbeat", for reference, study and amazement.
@ Little Lost Tiki, Is it me, or is juxtapoz moving more and more in to the "wow, that single dot on a blank canvas is so cool", highbrow art direction. I picked up a copy of high fructose and loved reading it.
Have a merry X-mess everyone

well I got myself 3 used books on painting and colored pencil technique . aaanndd Drum roll please.... MY NEW COMPUTER WAS JUST DELIVERED 2O MINUTES AGO!!! Im completely shocked I thought It wasnt gonna get here till next week. It seems like I have a bunch of new supplies because I went through my studio and found a bunch of great stuff I didn't know I had. LOTS of really nice papers and a grocery bag full of Windsor Newton and Grumbacher tube watercolors. I also found a whole stack of professional pallets, so I cleaned one off completely and squeezed out all new colors. I've got a brand new pallets of good quality paints.

Now back to the previously scheduled art making!!!! Merry Kinishmas all of my great art friends here on TC xoxoxoxox Dawn

Well, no supplies this year for me. Haven't had the money for anything new, but my Mother In law did buy me all 3 Tiki Water Fountains from our local Walgreens store. I've been dyin' to buy them myself since I first saw them, but this is just as well. Can't wait to set them up.

I got a gift certificate for Amazon and have been looking at large format printers. I guess that is an art supply since I will using it to make bigger prints and film for screen printing.

I got some new acrylic paints and a screnprinting kit, expect some prints in the coming weeks.

All I got was a rock.

Achulky I got some colored Sharpies from Fishsticks which I use a lot in postcards and the drawings I give away. But speaking of not giving stuff away so much: I also go a swell digital camera from Sparky and Cookie which means I should be able to photograph and post pictures. And get rich off of Tiki, of course.

G
GROG posted on Sat, Dec 27, 2008 10:08 AM

Woofy, glad to hear you got GROG' rock GROG send to you. Hope you enjoy it.

Gift Cards for art supplys the kids got me some Canvas,s .

TK

Me too. 4 new stretched Canvases.
Oh, and a circa 1960's carved wood Tiki.
Maybe I'll paint it in a picture!

[ Edited by: Tiki King 2008-12-29 08:21 ]

A banding wheel (turntable), assorted glazes and a box of kiln cones :)

I got a buttload of embroidery supplies: thread, patterns, tea (Bar) towels and gold needles! Let the finger-stabbing begin!

On 2009-12-25 11:32, beadtiki wrote:
I got a buttload of embroidery supplies: thread, patterns, tea (Bar) towels and gold needles! Let the finger-stabbing begin!

What!?
Didn't you get our 10 pack box of thimbles?!?! :)

Mele Kalikimaka to you and Carl!

Andy

Dan Smith watercolor sticks ( pure pigment), a hot press watercolor block, and the Charley Harper Illustrated Life book

B

I got some new shop pj's....and some fuzzy warm slippers.

B

Not craft related, but definately inspirational!

Mmmmm. Vodka!

I received a really nice color correct artist Ott lite/lamp for my makeshift studio, and some brushes.

Oooooh - I LOVE those Ott lights - they're great for ALL crafts.

Art Supplies!?!?!?
I buy those whenever i sell some pieces.....
But for Christmas
it was ALL ABOUT the brains....
3 Frank Frazetta Books
Jack Kirby-king of Comics
Basil Wolverton's bilble illustrations
R. Crumb's Book of Genesis
Mysteries of Easter Island
Oceanic Mythology
Polynesian Mythology by Sir George Grey...mind you!
Hawaiian Mythology
and some used books too!
Dali
Van Gogh
a huge book on the Renaissance
a history of Graphic Design (with Seymour Chwast!)
Art Today by Phaidon...
and a new tripod for the digital camera....
and an illustration manual

one can ALWAYS BUY supplies
Brains.... you gotta put the time in
if you wanna develop a TOTAL artist persona!
Merry Christmas!

"one can ALWAYS BUY supplies
Brains.... you gotta put the time in"

Can't I cut out the middleman and just buy brains?

NO!

no effort equals no reward.....

think about it.....

if'n you got ENOUGH brains to do that!
:lol:

B

Braaaainnns! BRAIIIIINNNNNSSSS!

Z

I work at a bookstore, so brains was covered...

Sold some pteces, so bought suplies...

So the wife got me mugs and Kraken black rum!

Happy to say, my Gambino shelf is a little heavier now!

Many of you know that getting a decent picture of your work is often harder than creating the work in the first place! :lol: I got me one of those diffuser light boxes with the 2 lights and tripod. It won't make my art any better but if will be easier to photograph the flaws :D

I got nothing, Santa dissed me, luckily I have a pretty good stash of supplies. I had to settle for the no frills, basics for christmas, like making the house payment and enjoying some heat and electricity.

[ Edited by: Sophista-tiki 2010-12-27 13:00 ]

T

Got a Miter Saw. (you know for making my own frames)

Santa brought me a few gessoed masonite boards. And my daughter got her first set of acrylics!

I got time to carve. But not much!

Pages: 1 28 replies