Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Crafted Christmas Ornaments - Holiday Ornaments

Pages: 1 2 58 replies

Oh, wow, lots of cool ornaments. I really like the mini tiki torches and mini glass floats.

That makes me wonder if anyone has ever created a miniature tiki bar diorama. (I loved creating dioramas when I was a kid.)

No Tiki Tree for me this year - I've got a one year old grandson who visits :D Our only Christmas tree this year (we usually have several) is covered in stuffed Teddy Bears with no hooks.

But that doesn't mean you can't post pics of your Tiki Tree!

T

Here's some.

L

Going to a twisted ornament party today and although I had a plan to do all 12 days I decided on doing just

Three French Hens :) (not tiki but hey I made it so there!)

and yes they are all wearing berets :wink:

[ Edited by: leleliz 2010-12-12 12:35 ]

leleliz good job on the French Hens. MadDog it's all about the kids. In our family most of the kids are in their 30's! Hugs, Wendy

Skip, good lookin' stuff

Liz, Hee-lar-ee-ous!!!!! :lol:

W

A Christmas present***** for Dogbytes.

I generally don't give Christmas presents unless forced to. (Which was not the case here.) I was making this piece earlier this year and carved into a hole in the material near the top of the head. After filling it several times it still looked wrong. It then occurred to me that I could fill the hole with an ornament or snow and make an Xmas moai outta it. As Mrs. Bytes is always doing swell stuff for people (like delivering home made jellies or cookies for no friggin reason other than she'd just made some) I figured she might like it.*

******If I pick up some cool piece of junk I know someone might like I give it to them when I find it. I don't save it up for Xmas.

[ Edited by: woofmutt 2010-12-16 08:05 ]

Very "cool" Woof. He does NOT seem happy about being cold! I know how he feels :D

K

My tiki tree. Some ornaments like the light-up tiki huts, tiki torches and some floats are hand-made. Some, like the tiki pendants were purchased.

From Lake Surfer:

Mele Kalikimaka everyone!

Koi, it's good to see you in here! Beautiful tree (I didn't get mine out this year :( )
Thanks for the bump

K

Thanks MDM. This thread of yours was a great inspiration! I had fun putting it all together but as you can see, I never found something really good for a topper. I'll have to switch that out when I can. I see you mentioned the white cord on the Big Lots tiki hut set. I figured out I could cut white the cord, take them off and slide them on our white light set that has a green cord. If I hadn't left them out all summer last year, they would look way better. Hah.

Pages: 1 2 58 replies