Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

WooHooWahine & SoccerTiki's HoneymoonTour 2009: 5 year Anniversary Trip: Kauai

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies

Ok...only on Day 8??? I've been slacking!!! We spent the day on the Kona side of the Big Island.
On the tender going ashore

The boat awaiting our return

This monument/shrine was welcoming us at the landing

Next was the old painted church that was moved from the beach at Honaunau up the hill to its current resting spot...Must have been quite a spectacle as it as moved by rolling it over logs up the hill!

And what old church would be complete without a graveyard?

Honaunau Bay and the City of Refuge in the distance

This turtle came out of the water and walked right up to Karen!!!

Tiki or???????

I put it back!!!

What a peaceful place!!!

Do we have to leave?!

We didn't find ou little grass shack...but we found this!

Wait! Is that a Humuhumunukunukuapuaa swimming bye in the surf?

With thse out front, we had to go in this antique shop!

Interesting stuff inside!

All this adventure made us...guess what? That's right! Thirsty!!!

Off on another adventure into the "lava zone"

Thirsty again!!!!

Just can't get away from Tiki Farm!!!!

And a nice dinner on board that evening

What's wrong wit this cake??!!!!

And to all a good night!

Is it your Anniversary already?
I still gotta give you kids your Wedding present!
time flies!
Thanks for taking sooooo many great pix!,Chris

Day 9....(This sure is a long honeymoon!!!) Kauai
The view from our balcony when we woke.

Nice ride for a couple days!!!

Waimea Canyon

Chickens all over the island!!!

Why did the chicken cross the road? Because in Kauai they're protected!

Off to the Luau!!!

Getting my drum on...

Bring on the pig!!!

Back to our hotel on the water!

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2009-12-16 13:11 ]

That's a nice looking Cock in that last photo!! hehe Thanks for the pic's!!

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale 2009-12-16 19:36 ]

On 2009-12-16 12:51, The Sperm Whale wrote:
That's a nice looking Cock in that last photo!! hehe Thanks for the pic's!!

Definitely something to crow about! :P

Great pics guys.I like the Tahati nui bar..... looks uncrowded and relaxing.

Oh NO!!!!! I forgot Day 10!!! (Kauai and the Napali Coast)
We met up with Randy aka Chongolio for breakfast before we left

Cruising the Napali Coast on or way to Honolulu

We were treated to some awesome rainbows!

(Just seeing if anyone is paying attention! :P

How about a double rainbow?

And the sun sets on a wonderful day!

TS

Just seeing if anyone is paying attention!

AHH man, WTF!!!!? I thought these were hawaiian honeymoon pics, not a guido cruise in Greece!!!!!
Now please excuse me while i go soak my eyes in muratic acid!
***Edited cuz i forgot the sarcastic smileys! hahaha :lol:

[ Edited by: 2010-03-28 20:15 ]

I could look at your pics forever Soccer and Woohoo.You took some great pics on your
honeymoon.What a great time you must have had.I gotta save my shuckles to go soon ...
real soon !

On 2010-03-27 01:33, Tom Slick wrote:

Just seeing if anyone is paying attention!

AHH man, WTF!!!!? I thought these were hawaiian honeymoon pics, not a guido cruise in Greece!!!!!
Now please excuse me while i go soak my eyes in muratic acid!
***Edited cuz i forgot the sarcastic smileys! hahaha :lol:

It's nice to know someone is paying attention! LOL!-That was a TOTAL Guido dude! Kinda the "butt" of many jokes on the cruise! :wink:

BK

I just burned my retinas!

SoccerTiki and I will be Celebrating Our 5th Anniversary on the Island of Kauai this October. We will be on Kauai for one week. Does anyone have any suggestions of places to see, things to do, places to eat and drink?

On 2014-08-05 14:45, WooHooWahine wrote:
SoccerTiki and I will be Celebrating Our 5th Anniversary on the Island of Kauai this October. We will be on Kauai for one week. Does anyone have any suggestions of places to see, things to do, places to eat and drink?

For Poly-Pop tiki places, I only know of two:
Tahiti Nui
Tiki Iniki

People here on TC also talk a lot about the Coco Palms but, after the recent fire, I don't know if there's anything left to see.

For general sightseeing, the "Revealed" guidebooks are excellent for travel in the Hawaiian islands.
Kauai Revealed

In Hawaii, even more than here, Costco and Walmart are your friends. Visit them often.

Of course Tahiti Nui is not to be missed.CeCE and I had a couple of hours to kill before our flight home so we had a memorable dinner at Duke’s at the Lihue Merriot. The Barefoot Bar there was supercool. Five minutes from the airport. For that very special anniversary dinner the Makana Terrace in the St Regis hotel is incomparable! Book a table at dusk - the terrace overlooks Hanalei Bay. Fall in love all over again. Seafood is as good as it gets. I had an Acai cocktail (Acai Sunset,I think.) which was outstanding. Congratulations to you Karen and Chris, have fun.
David and CeCe
Btw, consider my recommendation only if you’re staying in the vicinity of Princeville(north shore). It would be a tough drive back to Lihue at night

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-08-06 00:25 ]

Mahalo! Mahalo kendo-jtsu & nui'umi'umi for the suggestions. Keep them coming! We will be staying in Kapa'a :)

Congrats!

Here are some drink notes from our trip this past February:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=44613&forum=16&vpost=709508&hilite=kilohana

We didn't visit on this trip (it's expensive and we're not Fancy Food people), but the Tidepools restaurant at the Grand Hyatt has a great atmosphere. It's an appropriate 'special dinner' kind of place.

http://kauai.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/Tidepools.html

Last I heard, the Coco Palms tours ARE still going on. Unfortunately, the lobby building is gone after the fire, but there's still a lot to see and Bob tells lots of great stories. There's a contact number on this website if you want to call and double check first, but you just show up before 2, Monday - Friday.

http://www.cocopalmstours.com/

It looks like you already know about lots of good stuff from your previous visit - a more unusual thing we did this trip was to visit the Humane Society. You can play with a bunch of the cats if you like, and you can actually take a dog out on a field trip for the day! It was sad leaving ours behind, but it felt good knowing she got out and had a fun day and met some potential adopters.

http://kauaihumane.org/volunteer/dogfieldtrips

Mahalo Bamalamalu!!! :)

Anahola Bay and beach are not very far north of Kapa’a.
CeCe and I stumbled upon a huge pile of fish net that had washed ashore. Great beach combing. Very popular with local families but seldom crowded
Cheers!

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-08-12 11:19 ]

Cheers!

Oh, I forgot to mention: while you're at Kilohana Plantation for a Mai Tai, you can do the free Koloa Rum tasting next door. Just don't dilute it with the mai tai mix they give you.

I forgot to mention that on our last trip to Kauai we booked a helicopter tour of the entire island with Sunshine Helicopters out of Princeville.
Also spent a morning at Na Aina Botanical Gardens( north end of Kauai). Both were spectacular! Booked em both online prior to leaving California- quite a savings.
Have fun!

Make sure you drive the north shore from Hanalei to the end of the road. That is the best part of Kauai, IMO! And swim at Ke`e Beach, at the end of the road. Except check with the lifeguard, I just saw the surf report and it's huge on the north shore right now, 10-14'. Good swimming at Poipu Beach, and next door at the Sheraton. Go to the Kilauea lighthouse. Check out Havaiki in Hanalei, almost across the street from Tahiti Nui.

I second the vote for Duke's and the Koala rum tasting! We didn't make it up to Tikiniki but enjoyed a day lounging by the pool at the Hyatt. Have fun & Happy Anniversary!

Pages: 1 2 3 117 replies