Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: At First Light

Pages: 1 7 replies

So I'm not a bartender, I'm just a drunk so bare with me here...

The At First Light, as the story goes, began with waking up hung over in the dark, depths of a college dorm next to a beautiful woman. She took me in and welcomed my Sailor Jerry rum mist breath warmly but in the morning, things were a different story. She was gone and I was alone with my vices. I woke her next door neighbor, sat her down and began the healing proceses.

1. Tall mug filled half way with steaming hot coffee
  2. Two shots of coconut milk (not an easy find at a college campus, especially that early in the morning)
  3. 4 shots of Sailor Jerry Rum
  4. two teaspons of sugar

Stir and start your day off right

***Beautiful woman need not be applied to drinking process, but doesn't hurt.

Sounds like it might have some potential but I need some guidance with your measurements.

In your book, what is a shot? 1oz? 1.5oz? Please define.

And what is half of a "tall mug"? I guess a regular mug is 6oz (or is it 8oz) so a tall mug should be more? Maybe you should go back and measure in ounces exactly how much coffee to use so then we can accurately reproduce what you want us to try.

Thanks!

Well like the drink, my recipe is quite the mess. Forgive my shotty measurments, a shot would be 1.5 oz and I'd say and 8 oz. mug. I generally just guess when making these so there really is no definte amount. I've told others who have wanted to make this drink to use the coconut milk and sugar much like you would making a regular cup of coffee. Personally, I like my coffee light but its all up to the drinker. The 4 1.5 oz shots of rum are however, the way to do it. Its a deadly drink. Once again, forgive me for my terrible explination of the recipe, I'm pretty horrible with the whole thing.

Oh, no problem. Thanks for the clarification. And six ounces of rum in a drink is just fine by me! What's the brand of coconut milk you're using?

Keep up the good work.

I typically use Goya. A friend of mine has used real coconut in the drink and says its fantastic but I've yet to try that but yeah, Goya brand coconut milk does the trick

another deadly concoction from our lab. i believe i will be working on a new concoction this afternoon. but first out to search for tiki swag.possibly at savers. possibly with sir toad?

H

Thanks for that unusual, interesting recipe. Coconut milk and Sailor Jerry Rum, very special combination. I will check it out and come back wirh feedback :wink:

i am inspired to make a mug forthis concotion today. any ideas? of course i will have to consult king toad

Pages: 1 7 replies