Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Indiana Jones Tiki Bar and Jungle Cruise Playhouse...

Pages: 1 7 replies

Just in on the daily drums. This guy has a good eye, a good sense of humor, and is a pretty darn good craftsman --

http://www.instructables.com/id/An-Indiana-Jones-themed-Tiki-Bar/

and,

http://www.instructables.com/id/A-Jungle-Cruise-Playhouse/

(Pardon if posted elsewhere here on TC; I did a search, but did not turn up any related post.)

Be sure to dig the "Lost Ark" crate stencil and distressing. Neato.

S :wink: K

great links!

very creative people out there - I love how the back yard is taking over the indiana jones bar.

My favorite part about the indiana jones ride? - all the cool stuff to gawk at before you get on the ride! (especially the "office"!!!)

Glad you like, mon. And yeah, I agree, I've always been equally, if not more, fascinated by any decent theme ride's "queue environment" as with the ride experience itself. The immersive art direction, ambient sound, and dialogue loops of, say, Disney's Jungle Cruise, and indeed the splendidly-realized Indiana Jones ride are often the unsung elements that truly help bring the ride to life.

This guy's sense of humor also really appeals to me. "Really Bad Eggs". Wish I'd thought of that one. And I really admire the dedicated soul who takes a blowtorch to his work to get the Nth degree of authenticity. All that and Hidden Mickeys too. Fun stuff indeed...

SOK

K

I love these.

I do have to say though that the original Jungle Cruise line theming seemed to fit a bit better with the whole Tiki theme to me.

Maybe I'm just partial to it after having spent a summer keeping people in line and driving the JC boats with the previous "thatch" theme.

"Would the person who lost the large wad of money wrapped in a red rubber band please come to the front of the line... We found your red rubber band."

Keith
JC '90

Whoa, Dude! You were a Jungle Cruise Riverboat Captain?

Coooool. How'za'bout sharing some behind-the-scenes memories with the Ohana, yes...?

O

Yeah! River Boat Captain of the Jungle Cruise? Tell us some stories!

Certainly you must have some slithering snake or charging elephant or rhino/totem stories...bring em on Cap'n!!!

Yes, com'n Captain Ron...

Classic Tiki bar. Although I wouldn't want to order any drinks "on the rocks" if I went here.

Pages: 1 7 replies