Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Recipe: Recipe: Captain Pikeys Sea Legs

Pages: 1 1 replies

I invented this when I had some citrus fruit that needed using (I had used the zest in cooking).

Not sure if it's close to other recipes, but I enjoyed it...

Captain Pikeys Sea Legs

1.5 Oz Rhum Barbancourt (I used the 5 star as it's on offer at my local supermarket)
1.5 Oz Pineapple Juice
3/4 Oz Lime Juice
3/4 Oz Lemon Juice
3/4 Oz Orgeat (I use Monin as it's the only brand i can find in the UK)
Splash of Angustora Bitters

Shake all of the above with ice, then pour into a Pilsener Glass with crushed ice.

If you're feeling brave add a float:

1/2 Oz Wray & Nephew White Overproof Rum

comments welcomed.

Good job! I love the experiments. Funny, I just came up with a nearly identical version two days ago (no 5 star though). Similar scenario: a bunch of citrus that was going bad.

I tried every lime, lemon, passion fruit syrup, grapefruit, mandarin orange combo there was. Including (or excluding)orgeat, curacao, orange bitters, angostura bitters, vanilla, light rum, dark rum, aged rum.

Winter boredom/cabin fever has drained my liquor supply. I found some combos that work really well together. The short of it is that I was trying to come up with a simple cocktail for the masses when the weather turns nice. Essentially I recreated an "island-style" mai tai...or maybe it was a Rum Barrel knockoff. Oh well.

However, if you deviate ever so slightly from the published recipe, it's a new drink. Right?

Cheers!

Pages: 1 1 replies