Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Bar ???

Pages: 1 15 replies

I am thinking of doing the Basement Tiki bar thing and the other half said as long as it's not to tacky.
So I wondering what the line between beachcomber and tiki is for doing a bar.

I am not talking New England Natuical style. Even this beginner knows that doesen't belong.
I know it's my Bar and I can put whatever I want in it too, but am just wondering when does Tiki become Beachcomber?
Does say a surfboard have a place in a Tiki Bar, a Lava Lamp?

Thanks for any help/tips and please be nice.

I would ask from the other end: What does a Tiki bar absolutely NEED to be a Tiki bar:

Answer: TIKIS! The more and the bigger, the better. When you have enough Tiki statues and Tiki imagery in there, everything else falls into place as accouterments that round off the look: Beachcomber lamps, nautical items, a surf board, license plates, personal junk...even HAWAIIANA !!!

Nice answer, thank you.

If it weren't for the nautical aspect I am sure we would never know about tiki. Until the invention of helicopter of course. :)

On 2009-01-23 16:55, Beach Bum Scott wrote:
I am thinking of doing the Basement Tiki bar thing and the other half said as long as it's not to tacky.

I would also ask for a guideline on what your other half considers "tacky". One persons tacky is often a treasure to me! If you can find out what won't be liked by yur other half, you will have a better chance of making that person enjoy the outcome!

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.