Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

An INSANE NUMBER of NEW Tiki Valentine's Day card DESIGNS! Pg. 2 Still time to order!

Pages: 1 25 replies

T

Aloha everybody!

I've created a couple of Tiki Valentine's Day cards, since just because it's Valentine's Day, doesn't mean it has to be a tiki-free day!

Perfect for the tiki-lover or tiki love of your life!

The first one is inspired by Maori tikis:

I've always thought parts of Maori tikis looked like hearts, like their mouths, and sometimes their tongues and the shape of their heads. So I pushed the heart idea farther, and made every part of their bodies heart-shaped. The two tikis have their arms linked in a tiki embrace.

This linoleum block-print card is 4" x 6". It is printed with brick-red ink on a textured, fibrous paper and comes with a matching envelope.

The next card came about from all the tiki-romance that's been in the air lately, and was inspired by two of our tiki friends.

The image is two Ku-type tikis embracing. The negative space created by their mouths (and noses) forms the shape of a heart.

This linoleum block-print card is also 4" x 6". It is printed with brick-red and maroony-brown ink on a textured, fibrous paper and comes with a matching envelope.

Cards are 6.00 each, including shipping! PM me if you are interested!

Thanks fer lookin'!
Your pal, Eric October

http://ericoctober.com

[ Edited by: tobunga 2009-02-08 19:38 ]

T

Wow. Those are great! I honestly thought that second one was one tiki (front view) with the mouth altered a bit for the holiday. NOW I SEE IT! Love it.

AAAAAHHH.... cards GOOD!!!!!!!!
Fire...bad.

JB

There seems to be no end to your talent.

Eric-you're the perfect mix of
great artist and spazz!
Very sweet and clever!
I admire your ability to pick a genre
then nail it like nobody can!
:)

T

Just ordered one of each of these!
Great job!! Thanks for offering them!!

TabooDan

[ Edited by: TabooDan 2009-01-26 17:48 ]

Oh Eric! These are so adorable. What a sweet idea.

Really great! I especially like the second card. Very Clever.

T

Hey everybody!

Thanks for the feedback!

I've been experimenting with the idea of how tikis can be symmetrical in design, and creating images that can be seen in more than one way, sort of like an optical illusion.

The negative space creating a heart shape was an unexpected discovery, and the timing seemed to work well for a Tiki Valentine's Day card!

And doesn't the image of two tikis in love just melt your heart?

T

Aloha everybody!

I've also created a couple of Maori tiki inspired Valentine's Day tins.

Tins are made of, well, tin, I suppose... (I got them from a craft store) and I painted them to look like Maori tiki faces, all heart-shaped and everything.

The tins measure 5.5" across and 1.25" deep.

I only made two, because I wasn't sure how they would turn out, but they look OK, so I thought I'd post 'em here!

They're 5.00 each, 1st Class (3-5 days) shipping is 2.00. (Priority is 5.00).

If you order soon, they'll arrive before Valentine's Day, and you can fill 'em with all kinds of Valentine's treats, like chocolates, little bottles of rum, keys to a new Porsche... whatever gift you've got lined up for your Valentine's Day sweetie!

PM me if you are interested! Or, you can just paypal me!

JB

On 2009-01-26 11:46, tobunga wrote:

And doesn't the image of two tikis in love just melt your heart?

Why yes,....yes it does.

CJ

Cool stuff Eric!

LOVE the "Kissin' Ku-sins" card! You've got a fun brain T.

T

On 2009-01-31 08:38, hodadhank wrote:
LOVE the "Kissin' Ku-sins" card! You've got a fun brain T.

"Kissin' Ku-sins"! HA! That's hilarious! Maybe that should be the name of this card!

Thanks fer all the feedback, everybody!

Only 12 days until Valentine's day, but there's still time to order!

Mahalo fer lookin'
Your Pal,
Eric October

Ordered one of each! We start our annual Maui vacation on Valentine's Day this year, so these cards will really make a great addition to our Bon Voyage. Thanks for offering them, Eric!!

T

On 2009-01-29 16:43, tobunga wrote:
Aloha everybody!

I've also created a couple of Maori tiki inspired Valentine's Day tins.

Tins are made of, well, tin, I suppose... (I got them from a craft store) and I painted them to look like Maori tiki faces, all heart-shaped and everything.

The tins measure 5.5" across and 1.25" deep.

I only made two, because I wasn't sure how they would turn out, but they look OK, so I thought I'd post 'em here!

They're 5.00 each, 1st Class (3-5 days) shipping is 2.00. (Priority is 5.00).

If you order soon, they'll arrive before Valentine's Day, and you can fill 'em with all kinds of Valentine's treats, like chocolates, little bottles of rum, keys to a new Porsche... whatever gift you've got lined up for your Valentine's Day sweetie!

PM me if you are interested! Or, you can just paypal me at [email protected]!

The brown tin has been sold, but the red one is still available.

And there's still time to order before Valentine's Day by Priority or 1st Class!

Mahalo fer lookin'
Yer Pal,
Eric October

K

Got mine last week for the wahine! Excellent quality! Mahalo!

Wow! Thanks for this blue-ribbon artwork, Eric!

My favorite is the "tongue-foo" Maori tiki-hearts card. :)

T

I know this is very last minute, but yesterday I had this idea for another type of tiki valentine's card... well, eight ideas, actually.

Remember in elementary school when everybody passed out little paper valetines to the whole class? I love the vintage look of those, and the punny way they were written.

With that in mind, I created this set of mini-valentines cards.

I woke up yesterday with the idea in my head, and then feverishly worked on them all day until I went to Kona and got rather bombed... this morning I finished them up on the computer, adding the text, then I had them printed.

They measure 2.5" x 4.25". They're one-sided and do not open (they're not greeting cards). They do not come with envelopes.
They're sets of 16 (so there are two of each image in a set) for $10.00.
Two sets of 16 (that's 32 cads) for $18.00.

Shipping is $1.00 for First Class. I've been sending the larger Valentines cards I made First Class, and they seem to be reaching their destination in just a couple of days, so if you order soon, they should arrive by next Friday, the 13th.

Priority mail is 5.00, and that's guaranteed 2-3 day delivery.

Please let me know if you are interested! you can PM me, or paypal me at [email protected]

Mahalo fer lookin'!
Yer pal,
Eric October

[ Edited by: tobunga 2009-02-08 19:39 ]

T

Just got the cards, top quality! hell if I had known about the tins I would have bought them! great work!!!

T

Aloha tikibad!

Glad the cards arrived safely!

There's still time to order and receive before Valentine's Day!

Mahalo!

Aloha, Eric!

Love the old-fashioned little "one-sider" Valentines! :)

PayPal is on the WayPal...

T

Aloha everybody!

Just a quick reminder - any orders for cards that come in before 4pm PST will probably arrive before Friday, the 13th... and they'll definitely arrive by Friday with Priority Mail (which is 5.00).

And that's still one whole day before Valentine's Day!

Mahalo fer lookin'
Yer pal,
Eric October

[ Edited by: tobunga 2009-02-09 16:06 ]

too cute Eric!
I used to love getting those cards when i was little!
Actually only got 3 my whole school days
but anyways....
Very sweet!
and the tins too!
When do you sleep?

L

Hey Eric

Are you going to be making and selling the vintage valentine cards from last year?

If so will you have some at Tikiyaki when you come up?

Please let me know. I would love to get a set if you are !

Thanks!

T

On 2010-01-03 17:51, leleliz wrote:
Hey Eric

Are you going to be making and selling the vintage valentine cards from last year?

If so will you have some at Tikiyaki when you come up?

Please let me know. I would love to get a set if you are !

Thanks!

Aloha Liz!

Yes, I'll be bringing sets of tiki valentines up north for the Tikiyaki show vending! I'm trying to come up with something to make the set a little different this year, too... not sure what that will be yet though!

I'll keep you posted!

Thanks fer the inquiry!

Pages: 1 25 replies