Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

VampTiki# 6 TIKI GRAS March 7 (Costume Prizes)

Pages: 1 29 replies

Announcing TIKI GRAS at the VampTiki Lounge on Saturday, March 7th.

Prizes for best dressed couple and best male & female. Bring on the beads!!!!

PM me for an eVite with directions. Hedonism and Rum...can't get any better than that!!!

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2009-01-25 12:56 ]

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2009-03-01 18:09 ]

It's on our calendar and I'm confirming our attendance! Wendy and Dan

ALWAYS a GREAT Time!...Beth and I hope to be there.

Chief Bartender and I will be there. Do you need to borrow some wine glasses? We have about 100 from a previous wine/cheese pairing we hosted.

Thanks for the offer of glasses Brenda, but think I will be OK. Will give you a shout if I need any extras. :)

The Contessa will attend.

**Hi Marlene!
WOW! That time again already! :D
Would you believe I left the Tiki Cruiser packed since the October shindig! :o
So I guess that means that we'll be there for the "Tiki Marketplace". We'll be CLOSING OUT ALL CARVED TIKIS and marking them down to OUR COST - OR LESS to try and clear out our garage and get rid of back inventory. Plus we'll have a good variety of other items for the event.
Not sure if we'll be able to process credit cards any longer so it would be a good idea to bring cash or plan on making payments via PayPal, (I'll try to remember to bring my laptop or maybe Marlene will be so kind?), the credit card machine was costing us $62/month PLUS FEES regardless of us using it or not! :x

Eva and I hope everyone one of our Sacramento Ohana had a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year and we're looking forward to seeing you all again!
Some of Eva's photos from our last trip to New Orleans 2007 to get us in the mood!** :drink:

Hey Dave...thanks for popping those great Mardi Gras pix in the party thread. I will clear out an area in the garage for you to set up the marketplace. I have my desktop in the kitchen now, so we can use that to do your Paypal deals...not a problem. Look forward to seein' ya!!!

Dave and Eva, I still owe you a banner or magnetics or ? Let's try to put something together so you can take it home with you after Marlene's gig.

Only 16 more days till Tiki Gras. GET PURPLE & GREEN!!!

Can't wait to attend your lovely soiree. Please count me in!

For those of you who are Sacramento home bar owners, I want to discuss another Sacramento Crawl. I figure this party is as good a time as any. Bring your datebooks!

See you guys at Marlene's...been having some difficulties loggin in here and viewing the pages, but tonight looks like it's all working! Looking forward to checking out the tiki marketplace!!

So let's see, my 'new' purple tiki dress with a green lei? Hmmm....yeah, that will work! Can't wait!!!!

See ya there!!!!

:drink:
Tacky

Looking forward to meeting some new Sac Ohana. :)

YESYESYES...let's talk Sac Crawl, I was thinking the same thing. You can count me in as a crawler and home bar participant for this year too.

Lauren at Swanberg's was hoping to have something on April 4th......FYI

Prizes for best dressed couple and female & male costumes. Watch for flying beads!!!

S

Just three more days until TIKI GRAS!

Will this be like the best dressed room from the last Oasis? Will I have to show my "pointers" in true Mardi Gras style to win?

On 2009-03-05 16:25, Brenda's Tiki Hut wrote:
Will this be like the best dressed room from the last Oasis? Will I have to show my "pointers" in true Mardi Gras style to win?

That would have been the best un-dressed room at Tiki Oasis.

Somebody take pics and post them for us to see :) Wish we could be there.

S

On 2009-03-05 19:08, WooHooWahine wrote:
Somebody take pics and post them for us to see :) Wish we could be there.

Will do. Congrats on your engagement from the Sac Ohana!

WooHoo...after you become an "old married couple" you need to do a road trip...come on up to Sac and we will throw a soiree in your honor!!! :)

Looking forward to meeting some new Sac peeps...and we will get pix. Especially of Brenda's pointers.

On 2009-03-06 12:03, VampiressRN wrote:
WooHoo...after you become an "old married couple" you need to do a road trip...come on up to Sac and we will throw a soiree in your honor!!! :)

WooHoo! Sounds like a plan. I'm hoping to get up there before we get married in October :) (Old Married Couple?? BooHoo :( )

**Just checking in one more time before tomorrow! :D
There is a possibility that I will be coming up there "STAG" to Tiki Gras and you know that spells trouble! :wink: :lol:

Again I wanted to mention that we've gotten rid of our credit card processing machine so excepted methods of payment will be CASH, CHECK, or PAYPAL.

But who knows maybe I will just drinkin', partyin' and lookin' for Brenda's "pointers".....I'll bring some beads! :o

Thanks for such a great party, Marlene!

Cheers to our gracious hostess, Marlene! (VampiressRN)

Tacky Tiki and her Mom at the bar

Sean (Chief Bartender at Brenda's Tiki Hut) needs a refill

Brenda (Brenda's Tiki Hut) gets right to the point!

Laura (WSWahine) makes a new friend

Dave (Dr. TikiMojo) at the Tiki Marketplace

[ Edited by: stevesoto 2009-03-07 23:48 ]

[ Edited by: stevesoto 2009-03-07 23:50 ]

Brenda (Brenda's Tiki Hut) gets right to the point!

LOL...that "Tiki Lift Bra" certainly comes in handy when the pointers start heading south!!!

Thanks everyone for the lovely gifts and for playing along with the "swirl, smell, sip" action. I'll get some more pictures up later. Spring forward. :)

CROCK POT GUMBO RECIPE
• 3 tablespoons flour
• 3 tablespoons oil
• 1/2 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices
• 2 cups frozen cut okra
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
• 1 can (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes, undrained
• 1 package (12-ounce) frozen shelled deveined cooked medium shrimp, rinsed
• 1 1/2 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
• 3 cups water

In small saucepan, combine flour and oil; mix well. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring constantly, about 10 minutes or until mixture turns reddish brown. Place flour-oil mixture in 3 1/2 to 4 quart Crockpot.

Stir in all remaining ingredients except shrimp, rice and water. Cover; cook on low setting for 7-9 hours. When ready to serve, cook rice in water as directed on package. Meanwhile, add shrimp to gumbo mixture in crockpot; mix well. Cover; cook on low setting for additional 20 minutes. Serve gumbo over rice.

This recipe from CDKitchen for Bayou Gumbo serves/makes 6

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2009-03-08 07:17 ]

Great seeing the usual suspects and a few new ones. Marlene always has the right ingredients for a party.. Good Food, Good Drink and GREAT People. Beth and I had fun...Thanks to all who made it special.

WooHoo! Look like a fun night. Wish we were there :)

Sorry to be so late with these great pix from Wendy (was having PC challenges). Eeeegads my kitchen is sure white...better get some decor going in there (I gotta plan)...LOL.

Till the next party!!!

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2009-04-05 19:36 ]

Good times in the land of plenty...Thanks again Marlene ''you rock!""

Pages: 1 29 replies