Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Liana and Hewey terrorise Aussie rod run (pics)

Pages: 1 7 replies

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jan 31, 2009 3:15 PM

Liana and I went and terrorised the Canberra Rod and Kustom Kruise last weekend, was a great bit of fun :D

My clubs HQ for the weekend: Oz-E-Rodders Central

My mate Steve's restorers disguise

Lining up for the cruise to the skidpan

My mate Terry tests out his new Tudor, with Steve riding shotgun and filming

My mate Chris - certainly didnt spare it any! Liana and I made sure we got a ride second time out :D

Wholly Caddy batman! :shock: My mate Dave has some fun :lol:

Terry and Steve take out the coupe

My mate Bcal takes dave for a spin in his alfa powered rod. Note Brett's driving style with one arm resting on the door and some serious opposite lock!

Cruising back from the skidpan in the coupe

Topless carwash! :shock:

Took the Tudor for a sightseeing spin. Got some pics of the PNG embassy for Locating Tiki :lol:

more pics here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=31157&forum=2&7

Terry showing Donna the footage of a certain Caddy on the skidpan.. (with husband Dave at the wheel)

And the reaction as the Caddy loops it :lol: :lol: :lol:

The observation run on Sunday morning

There is "good" bad taste, and there is "bad" bad taste, and the difference of the two is in the eye of the beholder - Sven Kirsten

[ Edited by: hewey 2009-01-31 15:18 ]

B

Looks like you guys had Loads of FUN? Nice pix

VA-VA-VROOOOOOOOM!
Those are some sweet wheels you kids own in Aussieland!
Thanks for sharing!

You guys got some sweet rides over there Hewey. Of course I already kinda knew that from Aussie flix like Road Warrior & Dead End Drive-In. That '59 Caddy really knocks me out. Too bad she's not a Coupe De Ville.

Nice pics for sure?- Since I have no clue about your event - Why dirty the rides up in the mud and water??
I'm sure theres a good reason maybe its part of a course or ????

H
hewey posted on Thu, Feb 12, 2009 5:54 PM

Yep, the weekend was a ball of fun :D

Since I have no clue about your event - Why dirty the rides up in the mud and water??
I'm sure theres a good reason maybe its part of a course or ????

Because its FUN!!! :D :D :D what's the point of having a cool car if you can't get out there and have some fun in it?? The skidpan is like a kidney shape, the idea is you can 'play up' and get the car sideways, in a safe environment where it doesnt matter if you lose control, because there's plenty of run off room. And besides, its only dirty water, its not that hard to clean off!

Looks like you guys had a blast, good to see those rods copping a flogging...

Just wanted to add for those that don't know... the structure in the backdround of some of those pics with the huge flag pole is our Parliament House, our equivelent to your (americans) White House or Capitol Hill,
The lower bulding in front is our Old Parliament House

Just like pulling up your hot rod on the Whitehouse lawn!!!

Some of those rods spun so hard it flipped the steering wheel to the wrong side of the car! :lol:

Pages: 1 7 replies