Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Pole Holder

Pages: 1 2 replies

We have 3 pretty good sized tiki poles on our front tiki deck, including a 7 footer that my wife picked up from Wayne Coombs at Mai Tiki. Anway, it gets a bit windy sometimes here in Florida and I was looking for ways to unobtrusively secure the poles so they won't fall over. The best solution that I have come up with so far is to remove the upper portion of a 5-gallon plastic paint bucket and mount the bucket on the deck and secure the pole to the bucket. Even if I paint the bucket brown, I think that it will end up looking kind of tiki ghetto. Anybody have any suggestions?

D

If these are on your deck, you could use a pipe flange and threaded pipe. Either put the pipe internally or you can surface mount the pipe along the back w/pipe straps. Either way you could hardly tell and can paint to match. If these are ground mounted just drive the pipe in ground..Just an idea, but those look awesome!

T

You might try bolting it from the bottom to a wooden base, then bolt the base to the deck. They make lots of different shaped bases for things like lamps, trophies, and other home projects. Don't know if you can find one large enough for these or not. Perhaps an architectural base for a porch column?

Paint or stain to match. Should keep it in place if you use large enough bolts. Obviously some drilling into the bottom of the tiki will be required.

Pages: 1 2 replies