Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Dick Dale Lecture March 5th at Guitar Center in Fountain Valley, O.C.

Pages: 1 10 replies

Hell yeah... that will be cool to check out.

Thanks for the link!

I will be there for sure !

Looks like Mr. Dale had some health issues in 2008 but is recovering.

Dick Dale Official Web page

Other appearances by the king of the surf guitar at Riverside and Redondo Beach.

I'll be there.

and he's also got a gig in Agura hills.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

RAD.

I saw him in September at the HB Surf Museum. He looked pretty good, but after an hour or so said he was feeling tired and then left. Still great to see him! Here's a pic of him with my friend Charlie.

[ Edited by: Kiki von Tiki 2009-02-27 19:51 ]

Damn it!!! I missed this opportunity.I have a bunch of records I want him to sign.
Does anybody know if he will be in Orange County anytime soon ?

I was there last night..... Man, that place was packed! Dick told some stories about starting out, learning to play on the uke, and playing mostly country music when he was young. He also told the stories about the shows that he and his Dad would put on at the Rendezvous in Balboa with 5,000 kids all pogo-ing and doing the surfer stomp. It was pretty cool. Of course, his playing was as good as always.... Shockingly, not that loud though which was kind of a bummer...

I know he's playing Agura hills and Redondo beach coming up.
not sure about OC check http://www.dickdale.com

yeah I thought he could have been louder too.
was kinda cool to hear all the stories,
but would have liked a bit more playing.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yea he killed it when he was playing, and the stories were cool. It could have been really cool with more questions from the floor and playing more songs (and maybe having it somewhere where more people could come in!). Still awesome as always.

Pages: 1 10 replies