Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Mark and Olly Living with the Machigenga/Travel Channel

Pages: 1 10 replies

This is good. They are about to partake in ayahuasca, (with the guidance of a shaman), a hallucinogenic vine, so they can "know" the Machigenga. Olly wants to meet the monkey and the frog during his ayahuasca journey.

UB

On 2009-03-01 20:22, Jungle Trader wrote:
This is good. They are about to partake in ayahuasca, (with the guidance of a shaman), a hallucinogenic vine, so they can "know" the Machigenga.

I know a MachOnGanga.
Any relevance?

Drink the vine and ask me again, after you've met the Frog.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-03-02 08:07 ]

D
Danno posted on Mon, Mar 2, 2009 11:45 AM

I've been watching this show, and MAN, how hilarious was it to see Mark (after drinking the ayahuasca) talking to little unseen animals!! FUNNY!

Yeah Dano, their eyes were spaced out. I laughed about that. There's always a sense of danger, (keeps us watching) but he really was in danger. If the camera crew wasn't there, would the shaman have had the ability to stop Mark from drowning or falling off the mountain? Jeez. Did you see how he was picking up the tent from inside and walking around with it? HA!
Reminds me of my friend who was trippin' on shrooms in the wilderness. He became afraid, ran into his tent to get away from his thoughts (fail) then imagined he was in a spider web as the wind blew in and out. HELLLLP! HELLLP ME!

D
Danno posted on Mon, Mar 2, 2009 3:34 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

New episode coming up at 10pm.

D

Caught the last episode the other night (with the Machigenga) . . . I wonder where they're off to next?

Don't know. What's up with the sexual taboo they broke? So they kill a deer, bring it back to the village and the chief says they have infected the village with evil spirits and they will have to tie them to a tree with stinging poisonous ants crawling about it to rid everyone of evil. If not they could go mad and have sex with their daughter, mother and mother-in-law. So Olly puts his hand on the tree and gets stung 15 times, after that no more evil in Olly. sheesh.

D
Danno posted on Tue, Mar 31, 2009 6:22 PM

So would you rather carry the water up the hill or get your hand stung by ants about a dozen times? Sometimes I think these Machigengas get together to see what they can get the silly white people to do.:D

I agree Dano. They were jus messin' with their heads a few times.

Pages: 1 10 replies