Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Crazy Al and Heather Watts: La Luz de Jesus

Pages: 1 9 replies

D
DJLee posted on Tue, Mar 3, 2009 2:51 PM

Hey everyone, this years "Everything But The Kitschen Sync" show at La Luz de Jesus will feature art by Crazy Al and Heather Watts! Scroll down to see the pieces. The show opens on Friday, March 6 and runs through the 29th...and of course will be up for the "Tiki Mugs..." book signing on Saturday.

“Everything But the Kitschen Sync” 12th annual juried group show.

March 6 – March 29, 2009
Reception for the artists: Friday, March 6, 2009 8 pm - 11 pm
La Luz de Jesus Gallery
4633 Hollywood Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90027
323-666-7667 Fax: 323-663-0243
http://www.laluzdejesus.com

La Luz De Jesus Gallery proudly presents its 12th annual juried group exhibition, "Everything But the Kitschen Sync". This gigantic, no-theme exhibition will feature work from what we feel are some of the most relevant artists working today. We have invited commercial illustrators, tattooists, scenic painters, students, and animators to submit work of a more personal nature. The show includes artists we have previously exhibited, who consistently produce some of the most interesting paintings and sculptures in town. The show also includes a large selection of work from a brand new batch of undiscovered, underground talent. This is a wonderful forum for us and for our audience to check out the latest art trends and get the first glimpse of tomorrow's stars. It is also an incredible opportunity for art collectors to peruse more than 150 pieces of juried artwork by over 100 artists all in one viewing, and obtain undiscovered art at recession busting prices. Please join us this March in supporting the latest and most original efforts from the nation's alternative art scene.

See http://leejosephpublicity.com/show/12thannual for full artist list - there are well over 100 of 'em!

Those of you from out of town - contact La Luz de Jesus if you are interested in any of these pieces.

YAY!
Congrats Heather and Al!
REPRESENT!

GT

WOW! I love Heathers art a bunch, Very cool, But Al, My God!, You are going off! What an Awesome display, I don't know what else to say, But that is Fabulous!

Looking forward to this opening, so I can assume Heather is not going to make it down?

Sadly no, I won't be attending. I'll be holding the fort here in Vancouver, counting the days to Oasis IX...

NICE stuff Al! Wish I could see it live in all it's three-dimensional glory.

Heather,
we will raise a toast to you and your great art work.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

CJ

woah! I just realized/read this is going on Friday before the book signing. I'll be here as well. Someone should sneak out some of the lovely pre mixed mai tai's.

Any other plans for a pre or post art show on Friday?

[ Edited by: Coco Joe 2009-03-04 23:20 ]

Damn, I have other plans on Fri.

but they said that the stuff will be up during the book release event on Sat. if you can't make it 2 nights in a row.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

We were at The La Luz de Jesus Gallery yesterday and got a sneak peek at some of the show. WOW this is going to good.

O

a few hours away hope to run into some folks tonight, looking forward to seeing Al and Heathers stuff in person. If you can make it tonight i would recommend it, as saturday nights festivities are likely to make it tough to view all the pieces in this show

Pages: 1 9 replies