Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

ebay:Holiday Mug! Lucky O'Buzzy's St. Patrick's Day LuauTiki Mug-Auction over-thank you!

Pages: 1 10 replies

Just in time for the Holidays!

The Lucky O'Buzzy's Irish Tiki Pub 18oz Chug Mug!

According to the false memories that constitute my version of reality and history, in 1974, San Diego Tiki Bar Lucky O'Buzzy's Irish Tiki Pub had one hell of a St Patrick's day Luau. It got so out of hand, it is still refered to by locals as the "St patrick's Day Massacre." As a result of the party, zoning and alcohol rules in the city were forever changed. It was a day that would live in infamy...

In a mock tribute to this historic event, I made a one of a kind hand built tiki mug.
It would have been a mug that Lucky O'Buzzy's ordered from the only local mug manufacturer at the time, The San Diego Tiki Factory, to give away to patrons at the St Patrick's Day Luau in 1974.

But now back to reality...

here's the mug:

Front:

It says "St Patrick's Day Luau" around the tiki

The back has the Lucky O'Buzzy's logo on it. Faintly, it says San Diego, est. 1969 under the clover

Green on green. the lime green glaze came out "cloudy." Adds to the rustic, hand built charm of the mug.

Manufacturer's mark, catalog #, mug designer, and false copyright date (to mess with future urban archeologists in case it ever ends up in a thrift store)on the bottom

Here is the link to the ebay auction

Auction ends Friday, march 13 at 7:21 pm, PST.

Happy Bidding!
Good Luck!

Buzzy Out!

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2009-03-13 12:29 ]

[ Edited by: Bay Park Buzzy 2009-03-14 14:46 ]

Classic!

dats cute

R

yikes!! that's friday the 13Th.

T

:o It might be Friday the 13th, but it's going to be a lucky purchase for someone. And may the luck of the Irish be with me.. :lol:

Hooray! We have a bidder! Ladies and Gentlemen, this mug will be sold!

And, if he/she or the eventual winning bidder is a TC member, he/she/it will get a extra special TC members only free gift! Not a Member's Only jacket free gift, but a genuine made by me tiki free gift!

Less than two days left to bid on this one of only one, limited edition of one, one off hand built tiki mug.

My favorite mug, for today anyway...

My advice:
Bid high and early to scare off the other bidders!
Buzzy Out!

S
squid posted on Thu, Mar 12, 2009 1:21 PM

Buzzy!----

You're nuts, man!

And that's why I like you...

so the Maoris were really Irish?
i'm confused...

Seven hours to go! Keep those bids coming!

Now that it just passed the $30 mark, I can no longer say it's cheaper to buy my mug than it is to have a Vantiki mug shipped to you. I'll have to come up with a new and more appropriate marketing gimmick...

Someone suggested as a marketing ploy that I use a picture to show how immense this mug is compared to other mugs. I thought that would be a great idea!

Notice how much larger my mug than this familiar one:

Oh wait...

Ok, here we go:

Well at least mine doesn't have that stupid concave at the bottom.

And everyone else doesn't have one in their colections just like it!
You can be unique, but only if you own this mug.
Buzzy Out!

Bidders, thank you all very much for your bids!

30 minutes left...

Last bump until my next one...
Buzzy Out!

Looks like someone had some luck of the Irish on Friday the 13th. Congrats to the winner!

and thanks to everyone else for your bids, encouragement, and comments.

I just sent it out this morning. Here was the free TC members only gift that I sent along with it:

It's a ceramic tiki pendant that matches the one on the mug.

Let's all do this again some time!
Buzzy Out!

Pages: 1 10 replies