Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Rell Sunn documentary screenings! Please attend and pay tribute to this wonderful woman!

Pages: 1 6 replies

I won't waste time chatting it up...
All the info's on the flyer!

I hope to make this.

Being a surfer my whole life, I know of Rell and her great impact on the sport and lifestyle.

She is dearly missed.

I will try to make that.

The Band Slacktone does a song called "Rell Sunn, Aloha"
check it out, very moving song.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ Edited by: bigtikidude 2009-03-09 16:57 ]

A real class cat and legendary female surfer that broke boundaries for
contemporary females surfers of today.I had the pleasure of meeting her years
ago when I was in Oahu on vacation .

BTW thanks for posting this LLT .

Crap, would love to see this again.

I caught this on PBS Independent Lens locally a few years back and had it on video tape but lost it somewhere in the move to our new house.

A wonderful story on a wonderful woman who was filled with Aloha.

A shame she was taken from us so early. She had so much more to give to the world.

She had a huge collection of tikis in her home!

A story that hits close to home here... Rell was in Chicago for cancer treatments one fall with her husband Dave Parmenter and they took a walk down to the beach nearby. We just happened to have a Northeast swell running here on Lake Michigan and there were some friends of mine out there surfing. Rell and Dave were surprised to see surfers on the lake and it gave Rell a real charge in her weakened state to see them enjoying the waves. She gave a wave to them and they all waved back to her.

At the moment, they didn't know who was waving to them. We found out sometime later while reading one of Dave's columns in Surfing that it was The Queen of Makaha that was watching them surf that cold fall afternoon.

B

see you there

Pages: 1 6 replies