Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Hula Hula, Lloret del Mar, Spain (restaurant)

Pages: 1 14 replies

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Mar 17, 2009 3:17 PM

Name:Hula Hula
Type:Bar
Street:Carme 34
City:Lloret del Mar
State:
Zip:
Phone:(972) 364122

Description:
Classic Polynesian Bar.

[ Edited by: Zeta 2009-03-23 17:49 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Mar 17, 2009 3:20 PM

Hula Hula

Sign on the outside

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Mar 17, 2009 3:21 PM

Sticker

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Mar 17, 2009 3:22 PM

Souvenir shaker

cool neon:

On 2009-03-17 15:20, Zeta wrote:
Hula Hula

Sign on the outside

amazing:
hula hula since 1973 !

http://www.hula-hula.com

[ Edited by: icebaer69 2009-03-23 12:00 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Mar 23, 2009 5:48 PM

Amazing indeed

H

Zeta, I was looking at the pictures of this bar and the drink menu. Everything looks inviting, how are the drinks? do you know? I like the tiki mugs they use for all the drinks. Also, the decor is real tropical and the murals on the walls are just fab. Thanks for the info.

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Jan 21, 2010 7:53 PM

Thank you icebaer69.
hiltiki the drinks are excelent!
High TIPSY factor!

I wonder where the logo for this bar was inspired from.
Aloha amigos!

Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Mar 12, 2010 11:21 AM

Coaster

for trade

Ambassador Zeta,

Saw this matchbook from the Polynesian Bar at Hula Hula. I too am wondering about the origins of the logo tiki.

DC

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Jun 24, 2010 11:30 PM

Santa Cachucha!!!
Master Dusty, do you own that matchbook? Where did you saw it? How much? Very cool and rare... I wish I had it. Maybe you could give it to me as a gift for being a tiki dignitary or something :wink:
I know the owner knows about Tiki Central, I hope he reads this words someday and give us some feedback... I also know he has some old pictures of the interior of this tiki temple.
Salud amigos!

Well, I've been over to Blanes next door to Lloret de Mar a few times with work. So next time I'll call in here.

Helen.

[ Edited by: helenwalks55 2010-07-12 00:32 ]

[ Edited by: Hakalugi - Edited to remove spam links - 2010-07-12 00:46 ]

T

Someday I've got to go back and visit this bar, since on my first (and last) visit we took the train from Barcelona and secured a hotel room in Lloret del Mar, only to find the bar closed...on a Friday night! I learned that day to ALWAYS CALL FIRST to confirm hours of operation! Don't rely on a web site.

Pretty much the same thing happened to me.

However, with a little sleuthing and luck I found the sister of the guy who runs it. From that conversation I tracked down the father. He grabbed some keys and let me in for 10 minutes to soak up the atmosphere and take a few photos. It seems more like a hobby than a business.

Qué lástima. La próxima vez voy a llamar por adelantado.

• fm
J

There is nothing tiki (except decor). Don't go! Awful loud club music, disco lights, lousiest cocktails, total crap. Good decor is there left from its history, that's all.

Pages: 1 14 replies