Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Another "Tiki Daddy" horror story...

Pages: 1 4 replies

FROM JAVA'S BACHELOR PAD YAHOO GROUP

Before this becomes an issue elsewhere, I want to repost something that was posted in the JBP After Dark Yahoo Group (http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/javasbache lorpadafterdark/)...

Here's the original message from "steven" :

i offered 1250.00 dollars worth of genuine RATFINK statues from a mold that was given to me by ED'BIG DADDY'ROTH himself,java in his insolence said i must give him the statues first so i declined !i was raised right
when given a gift i just say thanks!rich kid synrome or what i thought this publication had soul-i was wrong!

tikidaddy

And here is my response...

I hate to air dirty laundry here in this group, but I feel I must say something. For first-time sponsors of my contests, it is not uncommon for me to ask for the prizes up front. (I have had several sponsors back out and not deliver on what they've promised.) Most honest sponsors don't have a problem with this arrangement.

Tikidaddy offered these statues as a incentive to get people to subscribe to Bachelor Pad Magazine. I said I would gladly accept them, but I need them shipped to me before I would announce the promotion. And this was for good reason...

Back in the 10th Cheesecake Contest, Tikidaddy offered large, carved tiki statues for our winners. Knowing it would cost a lot in postage to send these to me, I trusted him sight unseen. Well, those prizes never happened. Then he said he wanted a large ad in Bachelor Pad Magazine. I held space for him, but that ad never showed. He again offered prizes for the latest Cheesecake Contest, plus prizes for the previous winners of the 11th contest. As far as I know, those have never materialized.

So, given that I was burned by Tikidaddy more than once, I felt the need to be cautious. Once bitten, twice shy and all that. Instead of being a professional, he took that as an insult. And that's why I believe he posted what he did.

I'm sorry his feelings have been hurt, but I can only play "the boy who cried wolf" game for so long.

Again, I hate to bother people with all the crap that happens behind the scenes, but I feel I need to nip this thing in the bud.

Thanks!
Java

now THAT guy is a douche.....
:lol:

LT

Where's the carving attachment?

On 2009-03-18 19:33, little lost tiki wrote:
now THAT guy is a douche.....

Being a Douche myself, I take offense to that Sir and challenge you to a duel! We shall draw feathers at dawn!!!!

MORE FOR YOUR READING PLEASURE

Well, I'm not going to get into all the details, but I have a folder filled with e-mails sent to Tikidaddy that were never replied to. And that doesn't take into account the many, many voice mails left for him.

If people want the real story on how I treat sponsors and advertisers, please feel free to contact any of the dozens of businesses (besides Tikidaddy) who have been happy with their sponsorship to the Cheesecake Contest and their ads in Bachelor Pad Magazine.

As they say, there's one in every bunch.

Keep Swinging!
Java

--- In JBPCheesecake@ yahoogroups. com, "steven" wrote:

burned?i wasnt given the adresses until two weeks ago for the winners of last years contest and never heard so much as a thank you !and i dont use my forum to beg for money!and turn down or insult contributors!
so java must be doin ok or he wouldent turn down charity insult a contributor! i backed out on the ad because i wasnt very happy about being taken for granted!i donate to many charities!and have an impeccable reputation,java flaked!rich kid wanna be!burn your stupid fez hat!i hang with real beatniks!

tikidaddy

[ Edited by: Daves Not Home 2009-03-19 10:42 ]

feathers at dawn,it is!

impeccable reputation

!?!?!?!?!?!!!!
:o
i want whatever TD's smokin!

Pages: 1 4 replies