Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Help Finding

Pages: 1 3 replies

M

In 1971 my college roommate had a homemade cassette recording of instrumentals. One featured a clarinet with bird sounds and a chorus singing "Amazon, Amazon" (the only word). Even with the internet and google I haven't found this recording. I've checked the discographies of Pete Fountain and every Exotica artist I could think of. I've asked record store owners and disc jockeys. No luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried Amazon?
Just kidding. I have no idea what it could be, but some bandwagon jumping records featured lots of clarinette, which never sounds particularly exotic to me. Maybe you should look at Crown and similar budget LPs?

T

Yeah - might be a tough one.
I tried doing a lyrics search thinking that as a joke someone would've put up a page (with just two words on it), but apparently it's a really popular song title.
Also keep in mind that the 2 words might not even be the song title. I've got a few cassette-orphans myself. A couple had titles that had nothing to do with the lyrics & made tracking them really frustrating. (I'm still searching for a haunting jazz tune with the only (female) vocals being "So cold..." after something like 7 years...)

M

I realize that "Amazon" may not be the name of the song. Whenever I google "Amazon", I get results for amazon.com. I've been on every site that sells music and listened to samples of every recording of every tiki and exotica artist. No luck. I've posted this question on other boards. This was my last chance. Maybe I can track down that college roommate.

Pages: 1 3 replies