drinks were outstanding. I asked if I could take his picture
and he said as long as you do not tell the secrets of the
drink mixtues.

HT

The person responsible for the pre grand opening
of DTB HB tonight celebration "ART SNYDER" with
HB TIKI. Thank you Art for DTH HB.

CJ

We made it home safe! Again drinks are amazing! Cheers to Chuck, Art, Ryan, and staff for doing such a great job.

Oh and Danny + soon to be Ben...everyone must go

Had a great time !! Good to see everyone again

Sampled several of each drink special and enjoyed them all every time.
Sorry we had to leave but I have jewelry props to make tonight that won't wait till tomorrow .

Damn Disney and there multi million dollar films
Hahaaha

We Hope to escape again soon

Scott and Jen

skinnydogdesignsCome be our friend

[ Edited by: Skinny Dog 2009-03-28 02:08 ]

WooHoo! Don the Beachcomber is our New Tiki Temple. Let the Party Begin.....

Sheeesh..

Some of us have to work for a living!

All you tiki people do is party!

one of these days I'll get there..

( no rest for the wicked :)

T

Ben - You build stuff for us....remember ?

Good time last night. Looks like the candle room is where they boot all us tiki people when the bar gets too crowded. :D

It's like our own little clubhouse. Good time as usual. Finally got to try the Zombie and Vicious Virgin...good stuff. Ryan,, you da' man !

Really nice to see the restaurant hopping again. Dining room was busy, bar was busy, good times lie ahead. Really looking forward to seeing the changes that they have planned.

Always good to see the Ohana.

Yeah! That was fun! I got there late (9:00?) and got one of the last of the zombies, yum! Tobunga got us a basement tour - I had no idea they even had a basement! We ended up closing the place and a few of us wnet over to Harbor House for a late night nosh. You guys are the best. . . :)
I'm so glad that Art stepped in and saved this place for us!

How come I don't have a "TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA CD YET?"

T

Uh-oh Jim! Sounds like you need to hook up Ryan with the first brilliant Tikyaki album, or we may see a diversion in the flow of delicious tiki drinks!

It was great how TC ohana took over the Candle Room... and a couple more pieces in the art show sold last night!

Thanks Renee for the impromptu late-night basement tour! Very cool!

T

On 2009-03-28 11:27, Sincityryan wrote:
How come I don't have a "TIKIYAKI ORCHESTRA CD YET?"

Because you just blew into town....I'll bring you one next time I'm there chief !

You also have to be sworn into the Mystic Order of Tikiyaki.

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-03-28 15:02 ]

On 2009-03-28 14:58, tikiyaki wrote:

I heard that involved doing a shot of rum off Squids belly , Is that rumor true ?

S
squid posted on Sat, Mar 28, 2009 3:57 PM

On 2009-03-28 15:46, Skinny Dog wrote:

On 2009-03-28 14:58, tikiyaki wrote:

I heard that involved doing a shot of rum off Squids belly , Is that rumor true ?

You'll have to be sworn in to find out. What? You think we reveal the Secret Rituals to pedestrians? Sheeeesh....

Great time last night, i definately took advantage of the 1941 prices, the Zombies and Mai Tais went down way to easy! Me and the Mrs. got sworn into the mystic order of Tikiyaki. Cant wait to do it again! Good to see all the good people having a good time!

who's up for a Monday meet up at Don's?
got plans sat. and sun.
But Mon. is wide open for me.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S

Great fun was had by all.

Ryan, you are truly amazing and I look forward to sampling the cocktails you are concocting to add to the menu. (Don't forget my Painkiller, please!!!!)

R

Oh man!

Friday night was such a blast!!!

I finally had some free time to post pics today!

There are waaaay too many for me to comment on...but most of them speak for themselves :lol:

Ooh and if anyone is free tonight @ 4pm (waaaay short notice i know) come on down to the Tonga Hut! :D

Anyhow,
Enjoy!

T

Great photos Ravenne.

Mahalo,
Tikitatt

Woah! Great pics of our spooky tour of the speakeasy/bordello basement! Can you believe all the cool crap they had down there? 'Twas so fun! See you guys again soon! And happy birthday gurl!

You know, everyone needs to put a profile picture up. It would make my life easier to put faces to words...

Profile Pics!?!?!?

okay!
Here's Kelly "Scissorhands" Krueger
also known as "Hiphipahula"!
:lol:

Looks like you kiddles had a blast!

I made it over to DTB last Thursday, one day early (we had to catch a plane to Minneapolis on Friday); even with the hellish drive from Hollywood it was worth a trip! I got to try the Mai Tai which was delicious (definitely different from the standard Vic's version, but very complex, I think a little falernum and pernod were present) and had a tasty seafood platter, and the service was excellent.

It was my first visit to Sam's/Kona/Don the Beachcomber, and I was really impressed with the scale of the placeā€”so many cool hidden rooms, awesomely decorated. The bar looks great... I can't wait for my next visit to try the greatly expanded drink menu.

T

*On 2009-03-30 14:35, Quince_at_Dannys wrote:*I got to try the Mai Tai which was delicious (definitely different from the standard Vic's version, but very complex, I think a little falernum and pernod were present)

Woah, that ain't a Mai Tai. :)

[ Edited by: thejab 2009-03-31 15:50 ]

On 2009-03-31 15:49, thejab wrote:

*On 2009-03-30 14:35, Quince_at_Dannys wrote:*I got to try the Mai Tai which was delicious (definitely different from the standard Vic's version, but very complex, I think a little falernum and pernod were present)

Woah, that ain't a Mai Tai. :)

[ Edited by: thejab 2009-03-31 15:50 ]

Oh but it is our Mai Tai :wink:

B

thanks for the photos Raves!

that was indeed a fun night...and how very cool to get to tour the old brothel and speakeasy areas of the basement where all those MURDERS happened. at one point i was possessed by a demon haint that told me to murder Marty Lush, but Hipster Hula fended me off with those ginormous sheers.

alohas!

tom

HT

DTB Head Waitress Renee has worked at
the tiki restaurant 2 years (SAM'S< KONA< DTB)

CJ

On 2009-04-03 22:08, HB TIKI wrote:
DTB Head Waitress Renee has worked at
the tiki restaurant 2 years (SAM'S< KONA< DTB)

Renee is GREAT!

C

So I wouldn't make it out for the party on the 27th, but we had a bit of fun at Don's this part weekend. I didn't take as many pictures as I should have, 'cuz I certainly missed a BUNCH of people in my limited pictures.....but here are a few goofy ones for fun :)

Pages: 1 2 76 replies