Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

huge party at sams in 3 mos!

Pages: 1 13 replies

i know this is like talking about food after thanksgiving dinner......but we need to organize a party at sams in the hidden village.i was thinking about this on the way home. all this musical talent equals good surf tunes, we know the food and drink is good and they are tolerant with the loud rowdy types(like that rasta dude at sams sat nite).this is something that could be real fun, and would be a great way to bring new folks into the world of tiki.

Twowheeler,

How do we know you'd actually show up? You've stood us up a few times already.

With this said, I'd be into attending a TC event at Sam's.

OUCH!. i guess i'm just a little shy and swamped from time to time.i am flattered and will not miss any more events that i can make it to barring an act of god(thor, that greek god).

I'll vouch for Erich, cause I called him Tim. I swear I wasn't drunk or anything, just calling this guy and that guy Joe. 3 months it is.

if i can get some more responses here , i will call and find out how much to rent out the room . then we need to find a surf band to play.i am all for those smokin meh......s , but if we hire a band , then spike,bong and shirly can sit and get hammered instead!.you guys step up and show some interest and i'm on it!. TWT

TWT, what seems to work when setting up an event is to put the details together first and let it draw its own interest. People generally don't show interest unless there's something already in place for them to look forward to.

Just a suggestion.

TWT, I think that is a great idea. I also think that the Menuhunes could play our thirty minute set first and then have a surf band for the rest of the time (so that the aforementioned could sit back and get wasted). It would be great to have Cheri Capri and/ or the Mai Kai Gents play too.

If we rented out the place, we could charge tickets and be able to pay the bands and make it into a festival type thing. Think Holden's Tiki Farm Bash. I doesn't have to be that extravagent but we could have that kind of entertainment and retailers.

Wow, that would be cool.

now all we need "POP" is someone "POP" to "POP" organize "POP" this thing.......i wonder "POP" who we could "POP" get........i hear that folks from the south seas are really talented at this sort of thing......

now all we need "POP" is someone "POP" to "POP" organize "POP" this thing.......i wonder "POP" who we could "POP" get........

What's that sound...?

Oh, I just never get to post in this forum...and I wanted to mess with Pop's head too.

Classic! I'm going to have to make a t-shirt out of that one!!!

Howzabout trying to do a show at Sam's the same weekend as the hypothetical Tiki Central Surf Contest. I know of a few surf band that may be interested in playing. Also, I would be willing to help out in what ever capacity I can.(Shirts, flyers, webpage.) This would be really fun and another good excuse to charge down to So Cal.
Chongolio
P.S. Hey Twowheeltiki. The float lamps you made me look bad ass in my hut. I will post a pic when I get that chance.

I think the "TCSC" or Tiki Central Surf Contest will get more charged up as the summer gets near. I'm thinkin' early August at San Onofre.

hey laney, where are you?. i was praying a heavy hitter like you would start instigating abit more on this thing." just a wave of her wand...."

I'm gonna enter the beginner heat. It's on!

Pages: 1 13 replies