Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Party at Palm Desert and you're invited!

Pages: 1 2 94 replies

Hi All, well the backyard is done and we are ready for a party, we would like to invite you all for memorial saturday weekend may 23rd, we hope you can make it, please just PM me with your rsvp, that way I have enough food and booze....lol, I hope all the Tiki Central members that can come will

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-03-28 22:03 ]

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-03-31 14:34 ]

This is gonna be a great party!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2009-04-01 13:04 ]

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=20143&forum=18&start=180&192

Wholly Mother of events!!

You're inviting all of TC??

Waada ya crazy??

lol!!

You'll ALL dig it the most!

( and it's rock's old pad too! very shag!)

Hey Crazy Al, if Amy plays a Ape CD, will ya chop up one of those logs

fer her yard??

2 other logs can be "comunity carve logs". 30 mins a person....

Fun! in the holliday Sun!

C

Oh I really wish I could go and see all the amazing stuff you've been doing, this is going to be so much fun!

Hi Clarita, thanks, It would be great to meet!

I will email the address for those that already haven't called ben. I hope you all come, I hardley ever get to meet all the great TC people.

Amy

B

Sounds like fun!! I'll see if I can get a road trip crew together from SD...

CA

Ooooooo!! should be 100 + i hope!! we had one hot day at the beach yesterday and today June Gloom in March!

toga..Toga! TOGA!! TOGA!!!
Oh?
Amy is the Best Host EVER! but what about the neighbors???? no yelling folks! just drinking....

counting the days!

Planning on a visit to San Diego around then, so will come by with my Mom. Cougar Alert...Cougar Alert!!!

lol, cute photo!

Al, hopefully not a 100, that's why we are trying May, but I did install misters, so we are good, and we have plenty ice...... :)

the martini kings will be soaking up the sun (and rum)at your pad! looking forward to a great "weekend in the palm springs area"
mahalo for the invite!
tony and frank marsico

SoccerTiki & I can't wait to see your Tiki Oasis :)

Wow, Amy, what a great place! I just looked at your photos on your webpage, fantastic work :)

I don't know if Matt & I can make it but it sounds like great fun! We'll definately try, it all depends on his company strike and how long it goes on for.

If we decide to go, I'll shoot you an email. Thanks for the generosity! I hope to see you at Tiki Oasis this summer (our first time). Can't wait to meet everyone!

Thanks Tony, glad you guys are coming!

Thanks Woohoo, can't wait to see you guys!

Mookie, I hope you can come, It would would be great, if not I will definately see you at oasis!

Amy

Hi Amy,

Your place looks unbelievable! I have had fun reading your adventures and looking at all of your pictures on the other thread. It is so nice of you to have a big party and invite the whole TC community. We would love to meet you and come to your party.

Mahalo,
Gemma

Thanks for the invite Amy, gonna try and make this.

T

Cindy and I dont want to miss this .

If everybody brings a small tasting glass, and a bottle of their favorite rum, we could have a taste-off to elect king-rum-of-the-island. It'd also be fun to line up 3 brands and try to name-the-brand while blind folded based on taste alone. Like the pepsi challenge. Only REALLY difficult.

I'll bring a mostly-full bottle of Appleton Estate. Must ... save ... for ... party.

Great idea, I probably have 8 rums for the party, a tasting would be great!

Good Idea!

Amy

Ron Zacapa 23 anos
Zaya
Diplomatico

These are the three sipping rums that need to face off. I can bring a bottle of Zaya,

[ Edited by: hakalugi 2009-04-13 06:48 ]

I have diplomatico! And some others

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-04-19 20:04 ]

On 2009-04-19 20:04, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
I have diplomatico! And some others

Amy

I HEART Amy!

Thank you Miss Vicky!

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-04-20 21:13 ]

We're going to try and organize a carving party on Sunday after the party at Amy's house.

Details and discussions about the carving part of the weekend can be found here.

Hope to see you all there!

Buzzy Out!

What time with this thing start swing'in girl? I gotta sling drinks that night at the Riviera but I would love to get my head screwed on right with you folks first. Congrat's on the completion of your Desert Tiki Getaway and look forward to meeting a fellow Desert Rat!!!!!

On 2009-05-01 11:54, Wildsville man wrote:
What time with this thing start swing'in girl? I gotta sling drinks that night at the Riviera but I would love to get my head screwed on right with you folks first. Congrat's on the completion of your Desert Tiki Getaway and look forward to meeting a fellow Desert Rat!!!!!

hello Rory! the party startts at 4ish... try and do make a stop if you can

amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-05-01 14:13 ]

I'm tired. That was supposed to be a PM.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build stuff for you!
Google search me and see!

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2009-05-01 22:04 ]

p.s.

I have a bottle I've been saving for a while of Cockspur.

It's a 12 0z bottle kinda like a beer bottle. They have them in

the Carib. grocery stores, in 6 packs. Was saving it for a special occasion.

Nothing could be more special than This occasion.

Amy Rocks!!!

Ok all, I learned something very valuable at the Boo's party...... many of you are coming to the party and the Chop but have not RSVP'd. Please just send me a short PM so I have you on the list, It would be a shame if we didn't have enough food or drink...LOL I will of course buy more then I need but it would be great to have a list.

Thanks to all who introduced themselves at the event! It was nice to finally put a face to a TC name.

Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-05-04 11:23 ]

K

Hi Amy! It was nice to meet you at Ben's. Thank you for openning up your place to us all! I can't wait!

Hey Amy,
will be cool to finally meet you and see your great place and Ben's Work in person.

thanks for having us all.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

It was terrific to finally meet you at the "Nooner" Amy! See you all at the party!

S
squid posted on Tue, May 5, 2009 6:51 PM

On 2009-03-30 22:42, martini kings wrote:
the martini kings will be soaking up the sun (and rum)at your pad! looking forward to a great "weekend in the palm springs area"
mahalo for the invite!
tony and frank marsico

Me three! It's gonna be fun swingin' your nest with the Marsico boys. Thanks Amy. You're the best.

Remember Tiki Freaks,

The desert is 100 times stonger than the beach!

BRING SUNSCREEN!!! and a hat... and long light cotton sleeved shirts..

...white cloths... lot's of water... powerade.. etc... fill up body 3 days prior!

And, if you don't rsvp, asap, you don't get in! :)

Wow, that is a scary picture (I mean of that sunburn!). Thanks for the warning/reminder. I have suffered quite a few of those in my younger years. In fact, just had a very small actinic keratosis (first one in my life, and it may not be the last) removed from my lower back. A warning to the fair-skinned: Don't tan; pre-mature aging and skin cancer are not glamorous.

So I'm trying to think - is it really going to be in the 100s in May? And its going to be in the early evening.... (I guess I can check Acu-Weather!) Then I remember that Oasis used to be in May on Mother's day, and how hot it got.

Ben, that is a tremendous job you've done on her backyard - it is really something. And what a feat moving that entire bar!!! (I know in the thread you mentioned this was the handywork of others - the Mexicaneers!. I've watched Haulin'House and always been amazed that stuff like that is even possible, altho I know it was done a lot in the olden days (in the olden days houses were routinely moved rather than people moving to new houses).

Also really appreciated your ongoing work at Don the Beachcomer's - really quite beautiful!

I sent a PM to Amy, since that is what she preferred for an RSVP, and thought I would post here to give this thread a bump/reminder to folks. Well, I hope to be there and take lots of pictures.

JT

I'm in, I'm In!! Got my shift covered at work. Amy, I sent you a PM. Can't Wait!!!
-Johnny B.

Hi all, I will be remailing the address and some extra info to everyone who RSVP'd, so if you didn't, please do :) One more week!

amy

H

Amy, hopefully I will make it to this one. :)

[ Edited by: hiltiki 2009-05-15 18:08 ]

On 2009-05-15 18:07, hiltiki wrote:
Amy, hopefully I will make it to this one. :)

[ Edited by: hiltiki 2009-05-15 18:0

do try!

The weather looks to cooperate, it will only be 99! bring a sweater...lol
The mists are in and working, that will keep us cool!, besides the bar :)
Amy

[ Edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2009-05-15 19:02 ]

Looking forward to camping out in a shady spot (pale face here) with a cool one in hand and gloating over your fabulous yard. :)

Sweater...check
Mittens...check
:D

Excited about the party! Amy's yard is a party palace...not only what Ben created, but every aspect. It's so cool! Can't wait! Looking forward to meeting peeps I haven't met. :)

Aloha :)!

A year from now...We'll all be swimming in a big lake!!

Pray to your tiki gods people....

Amy Rocks!! ( and carves rocks too :)

Trust me.

See Y'all next Sat. !!

TT

Thank you so much Amy for putting us on the list. This one looks like it will be the social event of the season. We are so looking forward to seeing you Amy and the others TCers. After seeing some of Ben's other work, I can't wait to see this masterpiece.

The wife and I are in for sure. Got a babysitter for the weekend, but no dog sitter. Would anyone mind if I brought two pretty well behaved Dachshunds?

On 2009-05-18 19:52, Billy the Crud wrote:
The wife and I are in for sure. Got a babysitter for the weekend, but no dog sitter. Would anyone mind if I brought two pretty well behaved Dachshunds?

It's not any of us you need to ask...A PM might be a better approach...Do you need the number for a couple kennels? Google "dog daycare san diego"

On 2009-05-18 20:21, SoccerTiki wrote:

On 2009-05-18 19:52, Billy the Crud wrote:

It's not any of us you need to ask...A PM might be a better approach...Do you need the number for a couple kennels? Google "dog daycare san diego"

All taken care of, man. Thanks for making me feel like a jackass.

Hi All, I have sent an update with a bit more info and parking info to everyone who RSVP. If I missed you, please PM me. If anyone has any questions, please PM me

Thanks again and see you all soon!

Amy

COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!

Been waiting for something like this.. with the demise of Tiki Caliente...
Maybe we can all put our tiki heads together and come up with a swingin' desert event!
Mahalo!

GT

We are looking forward to going!, Thank You Amy, Dani and Gogo

Pages: 1 2 94 replies