Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

behind the 8 ball on metal

Pages: 1 13 replies

Aloha everybody,
I just wanted to share a new painting I just finished. It's title is Behind the 8 ball. it's painted on a 20"x50" metal panel in all solvent based colors on hand ground aluminum.
hope you like it?
Dennis Mathewson

Z
Zeta posted on Wed, Apr 1, 2009 11:59 PM

Muy bueno!

Here is another one I just did title was Misty fifty II painted on my 51st birthday. again it's all on metal with hand ground aluminum background.
Aloha Dennis Mathewson

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Apr 2, 2009 12:19 AM

Love it too! You capture the mystic essence of Tiki... The lighting is superb! I want to see more!

H
hewey posted on Thu, Apr 2, 2009 12:30 AM

Great stuff mate! Love the tikis, and the ground aluminium look with candy over the top - very nice!

M

Amazing! I can't believe this is painted...wow. Lots of atmosphere and those colours are magic. Feel free to post more :wink:

RH

Slick stuff. Nice mood, unique look.

Tiki Art doesn't stand still....

P

Dennis,

I looked over your site and your work is AMAZING!! Great "lighting" in your work and the depth is astounding. The PT Cruiser is especially cool...

Paul

Dennis
Those two are beautiful!
I especially like the colors and mood of Misty fifty II!
Rockin!
:)

The red 8-ball is WICKED!!! Great work to be found on your website!

Amazing work...thanks for sharing.

KK

TK

That is pretty cool. Very Black Velvet feel, but with more glow.
Neat!

Wow! Mahalo to everybody for posting your thoughts. Here some step by step pix of the process on 8 ball. I use lots of brush and airbrush together in my work as you can see here.
Aloha Dennis

L

You should post a thread with just your work in it. Its so amazing!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=25939&forum=1

I posted the thread you had started on your previous work so no one misses anything :)

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-04-02 18:14 ]

Pages: 1 13 replies