Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Artwork stolen from Forbidden Island

Pages: 1 14 replies

I'm sad to report the theft of two prized pieces at FI last night: The gorgeous Doug Horne print, Forbidden Island, which he gifted to us upon opening and the totally rare (original) poster of "One Way Wahini" These prints were located in the foyer by the bathrooms. What's interesting, is that they were both screwed into the walls with 2" screws. Nobody could have done this during open time, so vandalism is pretty much rules out. Also, there were no visible signs of a break-in and the alarm was found set both by the Janitors (last night) and myself (today) The plot thickens...
Both posters have a 1/2 inch chipboard backing and a sticker on the back from Reprint Mint. If anyone sees anything on ebay or gets any info, please contact me right away. Someone will be rewarded with lots of booze!! And someone else will be rewarded with really bad manna!
BTW, If you have a pic of the prints, please post 'em. I can't seem to find any right now.
Mahalo!

B

That sucks! I may have an extra One Way Wahine poster. If I can dig it out it is yours. What was the size? 1 sheet, 1/2 sheet, insert?

Here's a picture of the One Way Wahine poster ~

L

So lame.

I hope whoever did it is found out.

People can be so pathetic.

So sorry to hear of your loss. I'll keep an eye out online to see if turn up anywhere.

Good luck in locating them.

One of the many unfortunate side-effects of the present economy is an increase in theft. We recently had someone break into a lot of cars in my neighborhood and take radar detectors and GPS. Funny thing is, in each car he left a small gift, almost like he was sorry. We got a LED Keychain flashlight and our neighbors received some nail clippers. Weird huh?

Dale

So sad about the missing FI poster and print. I'll keep an eye open in my area. Can you post a pic of the print?

littlegiles...your "gifting bandit" probably also left you his/her fingerprints on the LED light. Where I live that would mean nothing though, the police are too busy and underfunded to deal with a crime unless it is in progress, so you have to self-report stuff like that.

R

rip offs suck!!

That totally screws. What did the APD say?

P

Their Karma will get them ... that sucks

Lair and Theives, so not aloha spirt and just plain no class.

I alway wonder what drives people to lie and steal.

just added comments -edit

[ Edited by: princessp 2009-04-07 13:40 ]

On 2009-04-06 21:33, bongofury wrote:
That sucks! I may have an extra One Way Wahine poster. If I can dig it out it is yours. What was the size? 1 sheet, 1/2 sheet, insert?

Hey Bongo, that would be awesome. You're the best!! Probably time for me to get more DVD's from you. I'll PM you and we'll talk.
Aloha!

Damn,
sorry to hear about that.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Prints have been returned!!

In a totally bizarre twist, I received a phone call last night, in which I was informed that the "prints you are looking for are in a plastic bag [a block away]" He then hung up. I dashed out with my manager and sure enough, found them in a bag, without a scratch!

In the bad news segment, we discovered yesterday that our bandit stole a couple of Munktiki's fab Volcano bowls too! Unfortunately, those have not been returned!
Oh well, at least we have the prints back.

Mahalo, Tiki Gods!!

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 6:30 PM

You know the #s on those Volcanio Bowls. That is what I would have wanted too

Rat Bastards.
hunt them down and throw em in a IMU.
then eat them.

long pig justice.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

T
TikiG posted on Thu, Apr 9, 2009 7:24 AM

Stupid f**ker's

Karma will impose itself on them don't worry. Paybacks are always a bitch.

Prayers are with you brother. You will get to the bottom of this episode I feel it.

Pages: 1 14 replies