Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Monkeyman frame for Heather Watts art

Pages: 1 9 replies

This frame has been sitting on my rack waiting to be carved for a number of years now...

Its finally done. This Heather Watts print was purchased many Tiki Oasis ago.. the matting was done by the talented Frame Fetish.

Frame by Monkeyman
The wood is a solid mahogany
The tikis out front are a separate piece of wood on each side
the custom frame was cut with a side channel so that the seagrass braid would fit flush and be super custom

Mai Tai.. your frame is next..... sorry for the wait buddy.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2009-04-07 09:46 ]

K
kirby posted on Mon, Apr 6, 2009 11:14 PM

Awsome monkeyman is back carving frames again yeeehaaa...

Holy Kamapua'a!
That is sooooooooooo freaking cool. The skulls in the waves are awesome. I love this whole "Elaborate custom carved frame" thing thats going on in the low brow art scene. I can only hope and pray some day someone puts one of my pieces in such a beautiful and elaborate frame.

Hi Derek, everything you make has such amazing attention to detail and polish and sets the bar for quality. Seriously.
I have 5 of your album frames and they are among my favorite things to decorate Hula Sue's with when it's all done. They are incredible.
Thanks for inspiring,
John

M

Thanks Kirby, TikiShark and Pupu.

I have another 3 frames on my rack waiting to be carved. My goal is to knock them all out in the next month or two.

I usually like to add more color into my frames but the bright reds of the mat seemed to be more compatible with darker muted stain.

I love it!!!!! IloveitIloveitIlovitIloveit. Did I say how much I love it?
Very nice work on the tikis.

Derek's BAck!
wah....

nice frame,clown!

When all else fails and your thread isnt bumped by others.... just start thanking people....

thanks Mom
thanks Dad
thanks Grandma
thanks Santa Claus
thanks friendly neighbor
thanks for looking
thanks for bidding
thanks for coming
thanks for staying
thanks for saying thanks
thanks thanks thanks

merci
danka
gracias

On 2009-04-15 14:43, Monkeyman wrote:
When all else fails and your thread isnt bumped by others.... just start thanking people....

Thanks for posting your art MM! your frames are awesome! always have been, always will be! anyone with a custom MM frame is LUCKY!
thanks
thanks
thanks
thanks
thanks....

B

It was really cool to see you working in person at that one Chop a while back...you have a great calling here Derick...your work is truly wonderful.

keep posting!

Pages: 1 9 replies