Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

retro ceramic mosaic - shields n spears

Pages: 1 2 replies

Aloha All,

Been busy and not visiting enough. Working away on commissions & such. New work in mosaics that a amateur tile monkey can install - they just look spooky.

Idea is interlocking ovals - that make a pattern of shields & spears - polynesia-afro. Actually almost had a chance for it to find its premier home at the new Trader Vic's restaurant at LA LIVE. almost, I said, darnit. They salvaged wood for the new restaurant bar from the old Trader Vic's in Tokyo & elsewhere.
B e a u t i f u l.

Just shields & spears!

Shifting colorway for a big wall

smallest tiles are about 3/8" for reference. Other mosaic image is in the same vibe, another similar design having a shot at ranch/international modern aesthetic (below).

Interested - please drop me a line - looking for feedback - maybe a project or two to help them find a ohana or home to be part of.

e-)
the treetiki wahine

the mosaics are all handglazed & handmade - coming with a mesh (patented) in the clay itself. they fit together like leggoes.

I love these!
I wish I could pay you to do a whole hallway!!!

gee, I wish you could too. :wink: I can make nifty nested or sets of steel tables with the stuff - if interested. Then you could put them together and make bigger graphical elements.

e-)
TTW

Pages: 1 2 replies