Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Banging Headboard Issue

Pages: 1 18 replies

How does one remedy the problem?
The pillows behind the headboard seem to end up on the floor.

Aside from ending on the floor myself, is there a good & easy (Im not a construction oriented guy) solution?

Long ago, when I lived in an apartment - I stapled a couple of thick sponges to the back of the headboard :)

W

After 10 years together the banging headboard incidents decline significantly.

But seriously folks...

The stapled on sponge/foam is a good idea. Essentially you need something that won't slip out of place. Foam sheets are available in a variety of thicknesses. If you cut a piece a little smaller than the head board it wouldn't require any attachment to the headboard.

Another option might be wood block spacers at the bottom of the headboard which will prevent the bed from moving close enough to the wall for the headboard to make contact. These work well behind couches and chairs, too. You place a piece of wood the thickness of the space you want to maintain between the feet of the furniture and the wall. Ideally these are placed so they don't show.

If it's a cheapo headboard or holes in it and holes in the wall aren't an issue the easiest and most secure solution is to do what the hotels do: Attach the headboard directly to the wall.

The Mrs. and I have a water bed, it's better than a bed with a headboard to bang IMHO.

get rid of the headboard,
just put the box springs and mattress on the floor.
also you get no dust bunnies under the bed that way too.
:wink:

.... just do what actor James Arness did - crank Hawaiian War Chant really loud.

excerpted from "Laid Bare - A Memoir of Wrecked Lives and the Hollywood Death Trip" by John Gilmore (1997 Amok Books) (I've posted this before, but it is worth repeating)

"Cecilia, a young Hungarian dancer and Freedom Fighter, was living with me in an apartment on Beachwood, above Gunsmoke's James Arness, whose marriage had just busted apart. Jim was jumping girls downstairs while loudly playing the "Hawaiian War Chant." The girls were not the quiet Miss Kitty types, and their cries went on half the night. It didn't bother Cecilia, who was pregnant with my child - she'd sleep through the noise while I'd lay there wondering where my pending parenthood on a shoestring budget would lead."

Heee heee heee......

Banging Headboard.... That sounded dirty.

just do it softer and slower!
:)

Or try the shower, kitchen table, Drive-In, elevator, field of flowers,... :)

The Butterfly Position with a slide on wheels under her.

On 2009-04-14 17:12, The Sperm Whale wrote:
Hope this helps

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6264233951315492929&hl=en

Yay, John K!

On 2009-04-14 11:58, Unga Bunga wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuMqIpPBLeQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJEfTr_0iEc

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance 2009-04-14 18:10 ]

Or...you can use a headboard with cushions on the inside of the headboard to absorb the shock...

Pillows work pretty well too!

PTD

T

I always thought the banging headboard was a sign you were doing it right? Of course the added bonus is the squeaking bed springs!

L

On 2009-04-14 09:31, bigtikidude wrote:

Unless you are trying to live the life of the eternal bachelor this method may not be the best for ya!

On 2009-04-14 19:24, leleliz wrote:

On 2009-04-14 09:31, bigtikidude wrote:

Unless you are trying to live the life of the eternal bachelor this method may not be the best for ya!

ha!! you say that like its a bad thing.

On 2009-04-14 11:58, Unga Bunga wrote:

I have not lived!

It must be funny when explaining to the contractor why the clasp needs to be able to support 500 pounds! Or, is it like, I need you to install "the Bachelor Swing Set?"

Make sure you get the one with the Tiki mug/cup holder.

Addendum:

On 2009-05-30 19:26, Idiot wrote in a PM:
Unga, do you really own one of these?

Give me a freakin break!
No, I do not.
I'm guessing they don't have a Tiki mug holder either.

:roll:

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga 2009-06-01 10:51 ]

Pages: 1 18 replies