Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Over 60 pieces of vintage rattan furnitutre and bars available for sale

Pages: 1 2 85 replies

I have this six band ...three piece Paul Frankl design couch without cushions available for sale.Post World war II.All three pieces of rattan in this set have the original metal mfg. plates all intact and xlnt condition.It is rare to find vintage rattan furniture with mfg. labels intact because many of them were decals and they eventually chipped or wore off !I can assist if you need help with having custom cushions made .
$ 1500 obo

SOLD 2-1-13

SOLD 2-1-13

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2013-02-01 13:43 ]

All reasonable offers considered on this six band set.Really need the room for recent finds arriving soon !

This incredible vintage Mid Century Modern curved rattan bar will get it's final coat of varnish this weekend .The upper part of the facia of bar has atomic star cut outs into the masonite wood ...very rare and very cool!The bar length measures six feet.The'swivel twist design barstool cushions will be re-done in a vivid tangerine orange .I have bought ,sold, traded and restored many bars over the years and I have to say without a doubt, this is one of the nicest bars I have come across in recent years .Very heavy well built bar .This is a must see in person bar.I will update and post some higher resolution pics as soon I can .

$3,500 w/ stools

Punched out atomic star detail in the upper facia masonite wood

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2013-03-15 15:53 ]

Did the final coats of varnish on the curved bar and it looks great .Pics to follow .

The bar is starting to take on a whole new look !I will follow up with some shots of the back of bar and
show the work I am doing ...keeping it all original except for the electrical !

" what a kick it is to bring this bar back to life the way it was 50+ years ago "

Final exterior coat of varnish... looking fantastic !

Before shot .... alot of hand sanding,cleaning and prepping before the first coat of varnish

first coat applied....night and day from what it looked like before

more masking off the back splash facia before second coat of varnish

Mahogany shelves starting to take shape and look good again .If you look close you can see the shelf
inside edge that has not been varnished yet,and see what the wood surface looked like before

The curved rattan detail running along the upper and lower shelves ....were all hand
sanded , stained and re-varnished as well

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2012-10-15 20:46 ]

Some more resto progress pics.

Another sweet vintage rattan bar available .Horizontal stacked style rattan make up 100 % of the exterior facia .Many curves and bends in this unique deco style bar .The bar is built well and in xlnt condition.Luahala pattern style top with original recessed glass cover .There were no barstools with this bar when I picked it up,however I have several sets of barstools in inventory that can be purchased for bar . 49" in length x 43" in height

$850 obo bar only (barstools sold seperatly)

SOLD 6-15-14

SOLD 6-15-14

Mahogany wood shelves w/ rattan filet detail

Luahala top with original recessed glass cover

SOLD 6-15-14

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2014-06-19 10:38 ]

bump

Will be adding another rare 1940's vintage rattan bar sometime this week .

An absolutely stunning rare 1940's bar with horizontal stacked rattan...restoration will be completed and available for sale within the next several weeks .More photos to follow !

More pics of work in progress .The top of bar was shot and rotten ..so I traced it out and replaced with Honduras mahogany .Unfortunately I forgot to shoot pics of the original top before I pitched it in the trash .Much nicer wood tone and grain with new mahogany .

Next I am sanding in between coats and working on the back of bar.Each storage section has to be hand sanded before varnish work.This is all being done by hand ...no spray gun or power sander here ...which means alot more work involved !

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2013-04-04 17:23 ]

Here are two very rare circa 1940's vertical design vintage rattan dressers for sale.Both are in excellent all original condition never been restored !Solid mahogany fronts, drawers and tops on both with dovetail corners joints. These are the same dressers I posted on my FB page several days ago .I will come back and post the dimensions as well as more photos when I get a chance .

$1700

SOLD 8-18-13

Aloha-Bill

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2013-08-19 14:59 ]

Just an FYI ....out of all the vintage rattan furniture that was produced and mfg. over seas between the 1930's and 1960's ...the bedroom furniture pieces are the hardest to come across.This includes bed frames,headboards,night stands,dressers and vanities .Not sure the reason for this, based on my years of collecting ...this has been my experience.

For your consideration is this rare and sought after Paul Frankl six band arm -three piece couch with pale yellow fan leaf bark cloth cushions.The frame is in excellent condition with several wraps I will need to tighen...not a big deal.Nice golden patina on all the rattan thru out .Prefer local buyers ,however I will ship anywhere at buyers total expense including crating.Emails always welcome .

Thanks for your interest

Was $1800...WOW NOW AVAILABLE AT ALMOST HALF PRICE @ $ 895

SOLD

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2019-09-16 09:13 ]

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2016-06-08 18:16 ]

Rare set of Heywood Wakefield bar stools for your vintage rattan tiki bar .Hard to find Heywood Wakefield bar stools especially in this good of condition.Each bar stools spins and has ball bearings underneath .The colors are red, green and yellow .The yellow is a bit faded , however I wanted to leave them in their original condition .All original joint wraps in perfect condition and have not been replaced .Approx. 31" tall .Ideal for your Hawaiian , tiki or polynesian room .The wood on the bar stools is in xlnt condition.Bar in photo not included .Not my original photo depicted.Prefer not to ship ...looking for local buyers in So Cal .

Rare all original three color vinyl with white welting on top circular edge
Heywood Wakefield bar stools ..stamps and mfg tag underneath seats

This set is available for sale now @ $ 775

SOLD

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2019-09-16 09:14 ]

D
Dagg posted on Sat, Aug 31, 2013 7:16 AM

Your thread was on TV :) flea market flips on HGTV

Dagg that's cool tell me more about this or how I can see this recorded.

D
Dagg posted on Mon, Sep 9, 2013 10:14 AM

Ill try to find the episode name.
Basically the "contestants" find flea market items and fix em up and flip for profit. These people found some kickass rattan and PAINTED them...
The host pulls up your thread on an Ipad and says "look how much this set goes for when refurbished properly"

Why you would paint rattan I have no idea.Definitely alot more to restoring
vintage rattan then just slapping varnish on them that's for sure .

This a very rare 1940's double size rattan one piece bed from recent estate sale find .Ultra hard to find and in near pristine condition with mattress.Paul Frankl style stacked design on sides as well as headboard.Don't have measurements so please don't ask right now.This bed is made very well and the construction is solid.I have this bed methodically stored in one of my storage units and it takes up alot of space.Feel free to ask any questions .I had this appraised by the man himself Harvey Schwartz that wrote the book on vintage rattan and have this priced far below appraisal value.

$2200

photo depicts the back of the headboard that would be closet to the wall

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2015-04-10 13:39 ]

I have reduced the prices on some of my rattan pieces and adding new ones all the time.I will be posting more pics and prices soon.

Moving my wherehouse soon and have lots of rattan on this thread for sale.I have lowered the price on many pieces so please take a look.

Priced to move!
On 2013-04-19 14:32, 1961surf wrote:
Paul Frankl six band arm -three piece couch with pale yellow fan leaf bark cloth cushions.The frame is in excellent condition with several wraps I will need to tighten...not a big deal.Nice golden patina on all the rattan thru out.Cushions are faded and have some snags in bark cloth .Prefer local buyers .
Thanks for your interest

Was $1800...now available @ $850.00

SOLD

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2019-09-16 09:15 ]

B

Is the couch still available? (I'm interested in this piece and the table-- sent you a PM a few days ago...)

Yes it is just replied and gave you my info .

Six band Paul Franklthree piece couch is reduced almost half price due to fading and snags in fabric.

This is a smokin deal on the Frankl six band .I have this marked down almost half price .

You always have the coolest stuff.

thanks tikirenee

Two tier Paul Frankl style end tables with solid oak shelves with stacked rattan design.Built solid and heavy .30" long x 23 " tall .Featured in the " Tropical comfort throughout the home " book by Harvey Schwartz .These beautiful end tables would go well with your existing vintage rattan furniture koa or narra wood .Rare and sweet ! $ 950 for the pair ...reduced from $650 ea./ $1300 for the pair .

$ 950 for the pair
SOLD

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2019-09-16 09:11 ]

This killer Paul Frankl design six band three piece couch is still available at half the original listed price .

SOLD 2-16-17

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2019-11-22 14:53 ]

New finds arriving means I need more room in wherehouse and storage units .Need to find new homes for these pieces .

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2018-02-28 13:03 ]

Be the envy of your friends..neighbors and peers with the ultimate retro tiki bar . 27 hours of work went into this restoration of this bar. Zspar yacht varnish applied and sealed in two coats all by hand ..not sprayed in a booth. Original construction of the back of bar and shelves constructed with marine quality plywood all original .The facia has a band of a starbursts cut outs made out of masonite wood..giving it that mid century flair to it. There were five variations of this bar made by this mfg..This is the rarest of those five designs. Featured on RETRO RENOVATION WEBSITE

Includes a total of 5 rare sought after Paul Frankl twist design bars stools that swivel.I can reupholster bar stool top cushions with new HR memory foam in any color of vinyl you choose at an extra cost or leave as is in original salmon orange color .I am moving wherehouse locations.I need the room .Needs to go to a good home that can really enjoy this and get the use out of it.

Questions welcome inquire within .

[ Edited by: 1961surf 2019-09-09 16:40 ]

Will do some light touch up varnish work on the rattan facia and foot rest now that we have some hot weather and she will be good to go .

Beautiful rattan and mohogany display table is available for sale.
Sits flush to the wall and is perfect for displaying your tiki items ..mugs and Hawaiiana.
Would make a nice addition to your existing rattan furniture .

$ 300

I am moving my storage facility . The less I have to move the better .Will consider all reasonable offers on the vintage rattan pieces including the bar .

Pages: 1 2 85 replies