Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Puttiki! South East Coast Art Show (UK)

Pages: 1 2 64 replies

Just a final thanks to everyone who came down... It was a really good time. The mug for this years event will be on its way soon and I'll let you all know when it arrives and you can get in touch if you fancy a souvenir from the sea side.

See you all next year for the first annual Puttiki Mini Golf Championship and another showing of art!

Thanks to everyone. We had a blast, great tiki art, great cocktails in the bar, impressive game of crazy golf, some amazing plants growing on the sea front, crazy campsite and some brilliant Navy Grogs (thanks Liz) and an amazing fish BBQ (cheers Chris).
And FANTASTIC company.

Mahalo

Err... what he/she said!

A wonderful trip to Hastings.

Agave americana - on the sea front

The World's first public demonstration of Television was made here, in Queen's Avenue - a Victorian arcade - in 1924.

Camp Tiki

'Virgin Dave' aka hotrodtiki

Hunny Lu Lu's Bar

Tiki Racer hits a hole in one!

Crazy golf's blue fountain!

P

So the rumours were right! You did play a round (sorry about the confusing typo in the previous post)...I don't believe it!!! Nearly as much as I don't believe those trousers!!! What's with the loud colours and patterns? When did tiki ever have loud colours and pat...oh yeah, Dave's shirts, my mistake. Forget I even posted. Love the pictures guys, thanks! Oh yeah, that reminds me TR, can I have my alice Cooper LP and Jimmy Tarbuck videos back? Mahalo!

Take care - Trader Jim (Make mine a Mai-Tai!).

Does anyone know the name of the B&W photo behind the bar, with the tiki kneeling over the woman? Looks 40's -ish.

I thought it might have been Clara Bow and said so to Nina at the time...

I went hunting and found this fab web site http://www.southseascinema.org but no proof that it is Clara.

BT

Thanks once again to everyone who attended, the fantastic work of Hunny Lu Lu's, Emmali, Jo and V. The sponsors and of course all of the artists and the good folks who bought art.

There wil be a mug, which should be available at the bar, to celebrate the bar and the show. Once we have confirmation of it's release date we'll up date this and maybe even drop those on the mailing list an e-mail for first dibs, so keep 'em peeled.

Plans for next year are already being banded about so keep your eyes here, and where ever else you might have found us (myspace, website and facebook).

We'd be very keen to add some more pictures to our gallery for this year, so if you have any you'd be happy to share pass them over to [email protected]

Boo Tiki
(Lady K)

On 2009-09-08 04:53, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
Does anyone know the name of the B&W photo behind the bar, with the tiki kneeling over the woman? Looks 40's -ish.

The photograph is by Man Ray... He did a lot of really nice pieces with Tiki and Tribal carvings.

Try this site:

http://www.manray-photo.com/catalog/index.php

Hope that helps.

Tiki Modern page 30...

If only I'd looked...

Instead, I had to consult the scarily expansive art brain of Los Furias Snr... Now I owe him a Zombie.

[ Edited by: Los Furias Tiki 2009-09-08 15:08 ]

Good show !
I popped in both weekends but sadly seemd to miss people altogether or arrive as others were leaving (I wont take it personally :wink: )
I am a big fan of Hastings as i was born there ( St Leonards actually) I have been known to describe it as the Havanna of the south coast of England - I mean that most fondly.
The Large plants on the sea front caught my eye too. i guess they must be flowering? as i'm sure i would have noticed them before. Thanks to Liz for the identification !
Sorry I did'nt take as many photos as i intended.

West Hill Cafe :

Sea Gull :

Our Lovely Hosts & and Phil ( Brighton Rumble)

Colourfull Underground car park :

Thanks for all the compliments on my carves.

See You all next Time

Tark

[ Edited by: Trader Tark 2009-09-09 04:56 ]

That is one mean seagull, Tark!

Been really slack in getting back to this post.

Had a great day, fun on the golf course, artshow looked great [with some new exciting new work], bar was cool and the drinks great.

Thanks for all the ohana.

The venue for the show (which will be back in 2010, refined and polished for maximum tiki enjoyment) is now under new management. Mine and the ever lovin' Lady K! Expect a full on, art heavy and mug loving venue from December onwards... Anyone who wants to put forward art to be hung in the bar just needs to let us know!

So excited. I hope we make this into a bar and an event that can do the many, MANY, talented tiki folk in the UK proud.

Los Furias Tiki congratulations. Looking forward to Puttiki 2010. Good luck with the venture.

Yeh, congratulations on the new bar, that's really kool! Hopefully we will be able to make the whole weekend next time!
See you in London on the 5th!

Hard to believe but true...

Organisation for Puttiki '10 (REVENGE OF PUTTIKI!) is underway!

I am looking for anyone who would like to exhibit at the event... Carvings, paintings, photographs... Whatever you do, you will be considered!

Last summer was a treat but we now have sponsorship and a tighter schedule for the event (including the MINI GOLF TOURNAMENT!) so this is going to be an event to remember. We are giving everyone much more notice this time so there is no excuse for not emailing me if you are interested. Puttiki is always looking to find new works by new artists... If you know someone who has a great body of work hidden away that NEEDS to be seen by Tiki enthusiasts then point them our way. We had a really good mix of artists and styles last time but there is room for more...

Email me at: [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you (and am already really excited by the artists we've found... This is going to be a great show!). Poster, courtesy of Atomic Tony Tiki, is on its way, as are dates and further details...

[ Edited by: Los Furias Tiki 2009-11-27 13:32 ]

Pages: 1 2 64 replies