Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Estate Sale Santa Ana - Thur, Fri, Sat

Pages: 1 19 replies

Crazy huge estate sale is Santa Ana.

I received an email for this estate sale. Thought I would share it with everyone in SoCal. I don't see any tikis in the photos, but I would pretty much bet there are tikis in here somewhere. Wish I could go to this thing. Actually, I wish I could go beforehand and wander around it for about 6 hours. Lots of awesome stuff. Click the link below.

Estate Sale
by Odekirk's
2013 South Rousselle
Santa Ana, 92707
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
8am to 3pm

*****Bring boxes and gloves. Be sure to come every day. New stuff will be unearthed from the bottom of the piles each day.

This sale starts on THURSDAY!

1970 Dodge Truck with Camper Shell, 1981 Dodge Van, 2000 Chevy Astro Van, 3 Small Sail Boats, 2 Small Boat Trailers, 2 Fiberglass Kayaks, 2 Vintage 1960s Seeburg Juke Boxes, Many Tables of Vintage Radios, Multiple Coo Coo Clocks, Many Glassware Items, Thousands of LPs and 45s, Thousands of Books, Vintage Cameras, Extra Large Screen Television, Very Large lot of Silver Jewelry and Costume Jewelry, Vintage Pocket and Wrist Watches, Sterling Silver, Multiple Dolls, Vintage Barbie Dolls, Kitchen Items, Massive Amount of McCoy Pottery, Iron Pots and Pans, Hundreds of Pictures and Paintings, Many, Many Golf Clubs, Several Old Clocks, Many Older Phones, Hundreds of Old Alcohol Decanters, Boxes and Boxes of Avon Stuff from 1960s. Vintage Coats and Furs, 3 Old Acoustic Guitars and One Old Electric Guitar, Hundreds of Old Books, Old Rugs, Washer and Dryer, Hundreds of Boxes Full of Stuff, Hundreds of Vintage Fishing Poles, Old Rock Tumblers and Old Rocks and Stones, Gumball Machines, Vintage and Antique Tools, Vintage Pottery Wheels, Antique Sewing Machines, Antique Films and Projectors, Stained Glass Windows, Crystal Lamps and Parts, Depression Glass, Drop Leaf Dining Table, Toy Trains, and Much Much Much More!

DO NOT DISTURB CARETAKERS. THERE WILL BE NO PREVIEWS OR PRESALES. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Pictures can be seen here:
http://www.geocities.com/featured_estate/sales/sale.html

Holy Crap! That house looks like what would happen if Psycho Tiki D and Tiki David were roomates for a couple decades!

PTD: It's like looking into the crystal ball and seeing your future. :lol:

I did see a Treasure Craft pineapple/menehune in there...

I'm going to start cleaning my house now.
Buzzy Out!

holy cow thatsa lotta stuff!

T

:o :o Wow now this is a great sale! I love going to these things, if only we lived in CA. :( We could spend a few days just looking through all those LP's. If any one goes and finds any tiki treasures, please post photos.. If anything, there must be some great books, postcards, something in all that stuff.. Damn it all, CA has all the great finds! Tiki mugs up the yin yang! And now all this... Ahhh, another mans junk is another mans treasure.. Oh well, looks like we'll have to go out and hunt some more up here in the northeast.. :lol:

On 2009-04-29 01:44, tikipaka wrote:
:o :o Wow now this is a great sale! I love going to these things, if only we lived in CA. :( We could spend a few days just looking through all those LP's. If any one goes and finds any tiki treasures, please post photos.. If anything, there must be some great books, postcards, something in all that stuff.. Damn it all, CA has all the great finds! Tiki mugs up the yin yang! And now all this... Ahhh, another mans junk is another mans treasure.. Oh well, looks like we'll have to go out and hunt some more up here in the northeast.. :lol:

It is all about the hunt...I think when I find something it is reeeeaaaallllyyyy special. Looks like in CA they just stop by the thrift store to pick up Tiki Mugs like I stop by the convenience store to get a gallon of milk....:) Not that I wouldn't love to go to this sale.

KK

"The loveliest fleet of islands that lies anchored in any ocean" Mark Twain on Hawaii

[ Edited by: Kamaina Kraig 2009-04-29 05:09 ]

I think I saw a Radio Shack tube tester in there! And some interesting Mid Century Modern hanging lamps! An old Kayak, a nice Budweiser bar light, some microphones, a Megaphone, three guitars, three accordions, two jukeboxes, and an old Edison cylinder record player!

I might go on Friday Afternoon.

L

I would kill to go to this sale. Love when there is a house overflowing with crap! So much you can find that is hiding away.

There is tons of bakelite radios--Hawaiian decanters and freakin amazing glassware just from what I can see in the picture.

I go to Estate Sales almost every weekend and when one like this comes along its a goldmine!

Ain't it great when people croak?
:lol:
Man!
This is too close to the studio to NOT go!

"Thousands of Books/Hundreds of Pictures and Paintings/Hundreds of Old Alcohol Decanters/Hundreds of Old Books/Hundreds of Boxes Full of Stuff"

OH YEeeeeeeeeAH!

Holy Mother! I just had a flash back to cleaning out my grandmother's place when she died. It took 6 of us a week to go through everything. We took home the stuff we wanted to keep and there was still enough for a ginormous estate sale. That is a lifetime of pack-rattery there. It gives me the willies just lookin at it!

Hey people. I'm the guy who's running this sale. I first found out about this site by selling a couple a set of big bamboo furniture at an Estate Sale in Riverside. There's a few tiki mugs in this sale and a few other cool tiki related things. There's also some great LPs and other tiki type stuff buried in there. This is the biggest sale I ever did.

TThe Edison cylinder record player is actually a Edison cylinder recorder.

L

On 2009-04-29 21:28, rootmedia wrote:
Hey people. I'm the guy who's running this sale. I first found out about this site by selling a couple a set of big bamboo furniture at an Estate Sale in Riverside. There's a few tiki mugs in this sale and a few other cool tiki related things. There's also some great LPs and other tiki type stuff buried in there. This is the biggest sale I ever did.

The sale looks awesome! I am sure you will make a bundle :)

On 2009-04-29 12:40, freddiefreelance wrote:
I think I saw a Radio Shack tube tester in there! And some interesting Mid Century Modern hanging lamps! An old Kayak, a nice Budweiser bar light, some microphones, a Megaphone, three guitars, three accordions, two jukeboxes, and an old Edison cylinder record player!

And a baby's arm holding an apple! :wink:

On 2009-04-30 06:04, 4WDtiki wrote:

On 2009-04-29 12:40, freddiefreelance wrote:

And a baby's arm holding an apple! :wink:

Do you have a picture of it?

I'm not an estate sale person, but this was 4 miles from my house, so I went this morning out of sheer curiosity. I got there at 7:45 and there was already a line down the sidewalk. They had a "sign-in" sheet going down the queue, and I was #65. There were quite a few people behind me. Once they opened, they pretty much just opened the door and let everyone in, boxes, carts, and all. Which made it pretty cramped as it's a small house. I have to say, for the most part, people are very polite for being smashed together like that.

Again, I'm not estate sale knowledgeable, but here's my "tiki take" on it...

freddie mentioned "Mid-Century Modern lamps". Those were gone in two seconds. All of them. Guy knew what he was looking for. Was that you freddie? :)

TikiPaka: From what I saw, there was a small stack of postcards, but nothing vintage Hawaiian or Tiki.

Leleliz: Lots of decanters, for sure. But none Hawaiian. For as many decanters as there were, I was surprised that they didn't have swizzle sticks, or matchbooks, etc. Definitely a lot of glassware as you mentioned.

There were tons of books, records, and old films on reels. However, they were being carted away by the box and cartload by book/record brokers. There's still a ton, but I just didn't have the time, or the elbow room, to go through them.

Here's a picture of what I walked away with, which by the way, was literally nothing compared to the tons of people there with bags, boxes, etc. Just me, my two mugs, and a jolly menehune. Who, by the way, I'm willing to send to someone (consider it a gift) if they'd like to give him a happy tiki hale to live in (and not sell him) PM me. If anyone else goes, I'd love to hear their take on it!

Oh..and TikiShaker, mahalo for sharing the info!

Malama Pono, Pua

[ Edited by: TikiShopPua 2009-04-30 09:27 ]

Awesome, glad somebody found something! I'm curious to see if anyone else on here found anything good...

HOLY OMGosh,
thats alot of history there!
wowwwwww.
kewl -thank you for the listing!

TikiShopPua!
Nice finds!
too bad about the hoarders
everyone should just be allowed 3-5 items and that's it...
sign in sheets....lines....eh
not like the old days...
was gonna pop by there tomorrow but it was gonna be for books
but i know where there's a 99¢ bookstore the size of a Safeway
where everything really is 99¢!
no crowds...no lines...
Hit me up at the Nooner
and i'll give you directions...

You missed the tiki decanter with the woman under the palm tree. I guess someone got that. It was in the dining room corner. The mid century lamps ( I guess you are talking about the cool cream color ones outside?)were taken but two were still there as of 4pm when I left.

There's about 800 books left and about 5,000 records. Tomorrow won't be so crowded.

Pages: 1 19 replies