Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Central has over 100,000 images uploaded

Pages: 1 24 replies

You guys are nuts.

I think about half of them are on Ruzic thread!

And the other half on the image association thread.

Thanks to Unga Bunga who started it. That guy is a trouble maker. :wink:

Okay, actually here's the top contributors: 0. Bay Park Buzzy with 6,545 images

1. little lost tiki with 4,301 images
  2. Ojaitimo with 3,204 images
  3. bigbrotiki with 3,126 images
  4. WooHooWahine with 2,642 images
  5. Benzart with 2,418 images
  6. Tamapoutini with 2,399 images
  7. Psycho Tiki D with 2,144 images
  8. Babalu with 1,865 images
  9. hodadhank with 1,351 images

I want to give a big mahalo to everyone! This topic isn't a "shame on you" post at all, I think it's really fantastic that people are sharing like this. Bay Park Buzzy's collection is full of wonderful, amazing tikis, (as are all the top contributor's photos) and someday if I ever get off my butt and actually roll out proper photo galleries, you'll get a whole new appreciation for what people have been contributing.

And mahalo to everyone else too. in the past 24 hours alone we've had 100 images uploaded.

Here's what I think, take a look at my 2 big balls. Make that 101 images. heh.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-05-01 19:04 ]

On 2009-05-01 19:03, Jungle Trader wrote:
Here's what I think, take a look at my 2 big balls. Make that 101 images. heh.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-05-01 19:04 ]

NO White Walls!!! :wink:

aiight Ben, someday I won't have white walls.
Hanford jus wanna say thanks for TC. You've created a whole nother society. Next time I see you I' buying you a drink. I don't think you should ev ar have to buy yourself a drink. That Northwest Kon Tiki event, my wife was jazzed when you came and talked to us for so long. You're the man dammit.

TS

That is crazy numbers! I always think twice about uploading (irrelevant/joke) pics and using the code to show them because i know bandwidth can get pricey after a few thousand uploads, and on top of it, people viewing each page...ouch! hope you have backup servers with large capacity harddrives!

T

On 2009-05-01 17:22, Sophista-tiki wrote:
I think about half of them are on Ruzic thread!

Im leaning more towards 70 %

G
GROG posted on Sat, May 2, 2009 8:38 AM

Woohoo Wahine has 2,642 photos. About 2,500 of those are of SoccerTiki with his tongue out.

it's not Buzzy's output..it's those dang sunsets!
:)

UB

On 2009-05-01 17:18, hanford_lemoore wrote:
You guys are nuts.

It's all your fault.

You created a monster!

Now how can you turn it into cash ? that you deserve! :)

On 2009-05-02 09:07, little lost tiki wrote:
it's not Buzzy's output..it's those dang sunsets!
:)

The sun only sets once a day...you make at least 10 photoshop event flyers in a day.

On 2009-05-01 17:46, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Bay Park Buzzy's collection is full of wonderful, amazing tikis, and someday if I ever get off my butt and actually roll out proper photo galleries, you'll get a whole new appreciation for what people have been contributing.

they'll really have an appreciation when they see those pictures I sent of my penis to zaya in those pms a couple years back...No rush there on those galleries, Hanford :wink:

On 2009-05-02 00:11, Tom Slick wrote:
I always think twice about uploading (irrelevant/joke) pics and using the code to show them because i know bandwidth can get pricey after a few thousand uploads, and on top of it, people viewing each page...ouch!

Don't worry about it TS, all those Grand members are picking up the tab!

I have an old camera and take all my pictures at a resolution of 640 x 480. What a bargain!

6,545 (and counting)Wow! that's a lot of pictures!
Buzzy Out!

So Hanford: Please tell me that this site is like the human brain: Even though several thousands of these images do not come up anymore, they are STORED, somewhere, to be released at the right moment....right !!!?

On 2009-05-07 23:15, bigbrotiki wrote:
So Hanford: Please tell me that this site is like the human brain: Even though several thousands of these images do not come up anymore, they are STORED, somewhere, to be released at the right moment....right !!!?

if the images don't show up anymore, then they weren't hosted on tiki central and I can't vouch for whether or not those sites still have them or not. I know the Shutterfly ones are still hosted, but aren't visible through Tiki Central anymore.

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2009-05-07 23:54 ]

S
squid posted on Fri, May 8, 2009 1:03 AM

On 2009-05-01 17:46, hanford_lemoore wrote:
Okay, actually here's the top contributors:
0. Bay Park Buzzy with 6,545 images

1. little lost tiki with 4,301 images
  2. Ojaitimo with 3,204 images
  3. bigbrotiki with 3,126 images
  4. WooHooWahine with 2,642 images
  5. Benzart with 2,418 images
  6. Tamapoutini with 2,399 images
  7. Psycho Tiki D with 2,144 images
  8. Babalu with 1,865 images
  9. hodadhank with 1,351 images

I want to give a big mahalo to everyone! This topic isn't a "shame on you" post at all,

OK, hold it right there. You failed to address the fact that LLT takes up more bandwidth than any amount of images with his freakin' Tolstoyesque, art school dissertation, windbag-o-rama about every goddamn brush stroke.

Buzzy, keep up the photo posting :D

B
Babalu posted on Fri, May 8, 2009 3:00 PM

Hey Hanford... thank you! If there is anything I can do for you in return, just let me know.

You Sir, are one cool dude!

HOK
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.