Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

#1000 For Me Today

Pages: 1 5 replies

Who would have ever thunk it? A little over two and one half years ago, I ran into Gigantalope and his missus in Reno at Trader Dick's. I had just started to collect tiki and Hawaiiana maybe a month before and was hitting up the tiki bar for drinks. Paul Anderson took the time to tell me about Tiki Central and Tiki Magazine. Not only that, he sent me a couple back issues and introduced me to the further insanity that has since ensued.

If anyone had told me three years ago I would own a tiki mug or anything related to the genre, I would have laughed in their face. I literally despised it when I would be out with my buddy Kevin when he bought the stuff. "What a waste of time and money" I used to tell him.

This has been an amazing ride so far...met so many great people along the way and couldn't think of a better way to spend my free time. I have learned so much here and look forward to many, many more posts and meeting more of you along the way!

Mahalo you all!

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and #1000 is done)!

Welcome to the Thousand-Plus Club!

Due to recent economic troubles, you don't actually get anything special when you join the club, but welcome anyway!

L

I can guess the next 1000 postings will contain some great PTD finds.

Here's to it!

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-05-04 16:34 ]

T
teaKEY posted on Mon, May 4, 2009 4:31 PM

A 1000 posts, how many tiki items?

BK

I'm drinking a Mai Tai in your honor!

Right on PTD

you're hooked!

Pages: 1 5 replies