Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Bone Tiki n stuff

Pages: 1 2 57 replies

B

On 2009-09-03 15:06, Rainhawk wrote:
Thanks mang
This is my pou/ heke that im working on at the moment :)
Im pretty stoked with him but the hard part is coming, the surface design. I had fun blocking him out and cleaning him tho, but i really dont want to blow it now.
All the work was done by hand with a chainsaw :wink:i mean sand paper :wink: i mean chisel. :D

[ Edited by: Rainhawk 2009-10-24 03:24 ]

KIA ORA Rainhawk,, this is where you posted him a few months ago! He Does not look rough to me and if you want him smoother send him up and I'll put him on my belt sander ans smooth him right down,,, NOT!
Great seeing you post here again and WAY Great to see this guy Done (IS he done yet?) Looks like a LOT of work between the 2 photos.
HAPPY NEW YEAR

L
laojia posted on Fri, Jan 8, 2010 8:07 AM

WOW! Wonderful work! Can we have the chance to see some close up?

J.

B

Excellent stuff. Where do you carve ? At Te Puia ?

Hat's off,

Benjamin.

S

Love it!

R

Cheers
The notch's look real rough in most photos i have, its the light or the angle sumthing. Its the same with these pieces im working on now, heaps of pic's but only 2-3 good ones of the cuts.

laojia check pg 3

benella. I wish :) I just study at a small institute near my home in Turanga. Its cool tho cause i get to do it in my style :D
I have had so much carving on i was paralized for afew days! Seriously couldnt move :lol: Me Back was out hard for a day, i had to finish a piece, and ended up putting my back out again! I finished afew pieces.. ended up recovering at the thermal pool :D im looking forward to slacking off more than usual. :P
Anyway here is 2 pic's of one i finished

Oi i JOINED this site cause Basement Kahuna made me laugh my ass off! Go BK. ol skool

R

doh double post

[ Edited by: Rainhawk 2010-01-27 02:57 ]

B

This one looks pretty sweet to me? The close up shots Always show all the evils of places left undone and unfinished.Great to see you some more.

I'm diggin' some of those unique (to me) patterns. REAL nice stuff.

L

On 2010-01-27 02:56, Rainhawk wrote:

That, this is a close up! Wow! wonderfull work on this patern.

Thank's for sharing!

J.

Considering what a damned good carver you are, brah, you were probably laughing AT me! (at least I hope so!) Very, very nice, clean work...the real deal, and puts everybody including me on their P's and Q's. Cheers

Pages: 1 2 57 replies