Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

Tiki Hunting Las Vegas

Pages: 1 5 replies

I went on a little Tiki hunting trip to Vegas last week and this is what I found

On Freemont Street at a bar called Mickie Finnz it's a surf/bamboo bar

Cheeseburgers Bar

Hawaiian Marketplace

Kahunaville in Treasure Island

Sunset Park

not really Tiki but....

Pool Bar at Imperial Palace and the Luau

And of course Frankie's

the other half being converted "this place is so cool can we do the basement like this?"

..very nice recap on tiki in vegas.....looking at you photos i was amazed at just how much tiki is in vegas now.....in the late nineties when i was traveling there alot there was nothing...and i mean NOTHING tiki going on.....no bars, no stores, even the bar in luxor that served tiki drinks in tiki mugs was gone by then....just the red rooster antique mall and in those days, i would come out of there with literally bags full of vintage tiki and hawaiian items....i spent about $200 average every visit....not including the cost to ship all that crap back home so it didn't get broken on the plane....those were the days!!

the imperial palace was having their luaus back then but i don't recall the now tikified poolside bar.....i think it was just a plain shack back then..

i was, however fortunate to see the tropicana in the early nineties when it was still tiki and had the giant moais out front of the place before they moved them to the lake....i nearly lost my mind when i saw those things towering about street....

thanks for sharing !!

awesome.
i'll be in vegas next month for miss exotic world. can't wait to hit of frankies every night.

Thanks Beach Bum Scott.

I'm hitting Vegas next week and will check those out. Although I've been to Frankie's I may just have to go back and get "just one more mug".

Good posts.

WooHoo! Looks like you had a Tiki-rrific Trip! :)

Pages: 1 5 replies