Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Facebook for all ye scurrvy dogs out there

Pages: 1 12 replies

For all you Facebook users out there

Follow these 4 steps! 1) Scroll to the bottom of your Facebook page. 2) On the bottom left corner, click English: UK. 3) When the language selection appears, click English: Pirate. 4) watch what happens.

J

That is hilarious!!! Thanks for pointing that out!

R

:lol: yea I know I've had the pirate setting for a long time now!

One of the reasons facebook pwnz myspace :lol:

W

OMG! Facebook sounds FRIGGIN AWESOME!!!

Maybe like me you've managed to make it this far in life Facebookless...Well we're wrong! Oh my gawd we are so WROOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!!

Apparently Facebook is the closest thing we will experience to Heaven on Earth...SCIENTISTS HAVE SAID SO!

I hear Facebook is like the best fudge you ever had wrapped in bacon and rolled in your choice of ice cream sundae toppings and then SET ON TOP OF AN ICE CREAM SUNDAE!

On Facebook you can "friend" somebody! What a fun term! Boing! I FRIENDED YOU!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Ha-ha-ha!!!

But really, if you don't go make a Facebook page then you are a O-S-E-R! Yeah, I spelled "oser" I ALREADY USED THE "L" TO SPELL LAME!!!

But hey, doesn't the pirate language app sounds cool? You should totally do it! Go! Go do your pirate talk thingy! Pay no attention to me working on a World Domination Device which has been solely funded by a mysterious "M. Zuckerberg".

R

I have no idea what you typed

but I saw Ice Cream Sundae.

I want my ice cream sundae, woof.

GIVE IT TO ME NOW!

Jeez woof! Did you not get yer nap in?

facebook is like myspace without the blingees! Duh!

But in all seriousness, my friend pointed out the Pirate English. They launched it for Talk Like a Pirate Day last September. It was perfect! So glad it's made a reappearance!

hey if you search the apps on facebook for Tiki Oasis you can gear up for the festivities

Woofmutt is just mad that nobody would accept his friend requests.

Still...

WARNING: Join Facebook and you will get infected. They have admitted themselves they want to "colonize" other websites. Yahoo for one. Should I quit or buy more anti-virus? Mo money mo money. Facebook,..........you suck.
Not only that but TC's format is more user friendly. When you post to a thread here it goes back to the top, unlike Face which sinks forever into the bottomless pit. Just think in 2,000 years archaeologists will find the bodies of our old posts in the Facebook tar pits.

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2009-09-29 08:08 ]

I know this question will make me seem like a jerk or grumpy gus but I have a legit Facebook question.

Im a Facebook rookie and am trying to understand something.

What is the motivation for requesting someone to be your Friend that you dont actually know?

I could understand if you were selling something or promoting something that you would want to cast as wide a net as possible but if you didnt have something to sell... then what is the purpose?

I swear Im not trying to be an ass and am genuinely confused why people invite "friends" they dont even know?

Maybe Im missing something?

To answer your question Derek, ego gratification. The more "friends" you have, the more "popular" you appear.
We should all be careful about our privacy. Balancing social and business networking with privacy can be tough.

Who needs peyote when you have Smuggler's Cove

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader 2010-01-18 22:26 ]

Back to the title of this thread, I love the pirate blabber. Thanks for the suggestion CheekyTiki. And yes I did get up-to-date anti-virus software. Much better now.

Pages: 1 12 replies