Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Beachbum Berry app for iphone

Pages: 1 26 replies

S

Just found this app last night!
It's basically 150 drink recipes taken from the Grog Log, Intoxica and Sippin' Safari for the iphone or ipod touch.

http://appshopper.com/reference/tiki-exotic-drinks-tiki-cocktails

Definitely beats the other cocktail apps I've seen so far.

The app really is great - I was able to sample a beta version and it really does make it easy to search, bookmark favorites and find out more about each of the drinks and the ingredients.

This app is totally worth the cheap price - you'll have all the information in your pocket when you are at a bar (or more importantly when you are at a liquor store).

Just downloaded it! Awesome!

Yay! Support the Bum, buy this app!

He gets a percentage!

thats so cool,
too bad I dont have an I phone.
be careful, don't spill the ingredients on your phone.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I downloaded it and kicked the tires a bit and I can say it's the kind of high quality we've come to expect from the Bum. I've had my favorites in my iphone for about 6 months now, but this is far better than typing them in myself. And you get great photos, backgrounds, back stories, ability to search by base ingredients, tags, flavors, etc. Overall a terrific app for less than the price of a Mai-Tai!

Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop downloading apps for my iPod!

S

Just bought it. Really great!
Especially the search by flavor thingie!
I found myself many nights browsing through all the Bum books to find that one recipe that calls for a specific ingredient.

This would be very useful and I would buy it in a second if it didn't mean that I would have to join the apple cult. But, I guess there's probably "an app for that".

T

On 2009-05-20 12:28, Tiki Kaimuki wrote:
This would be very useful and I would buy it in a second if it didn't mean that I would have to join the apple cult. But, I guess there's probably "an app for that".

Join us !

Seriously, PC is SO 1990's ! :o

I downloaded the app recently, and it kicks all kinds of tail. Definitely well worth the $5.

This app is really good - not just for the excellent recipes, but for the way the app is thought out with all the extra menus, information and help. Really nicely done. cheers!

Nice app...this will definitely replace the page of notes that I transferred from a Palm Treo, two Blackberries and finally the iPhone. Hard to believe only $3.99, the books would cost you at least 10 times that much, even at original cover price. Thanks Bum!

JB

...just when I thought I couldn't love my iPhone even more! The only app I ever purchased and well worth it!

Say you want an original Tiki cocktail from the vintage "lost" recipe....there's an app for that!!!

The same developer has an app called Cocktails+ which is all classic cocktails and worth a look also.

It is the best $3.99 I have ever spent at the iTunes store.

Great job and just in time for summer.

This app is great!
Problem is trying to keep all the sticky syrups on your fingers from getting on the screen. But I'll manage. :)

H

On 2009-05-23 13:22, Unga Bunga wrote:
This app is great!
Problem is trying to keep all the sticky syrups on your fingers from getting on the screen. But I'll manage. :)

You need to get one of those iPhone condoms!
http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2007/07/iphone-condom-p/

J

The only thing I can see that's missing from this app are the little pictures of the drunk guy that tells you how strong the drink is. Hopefully they'll add those in a future version.

[ Edited by: JaredB 2009-05-23 19:31 ]

S
J

On 2009-05-24 05:24, snackbar wrote:
You can ask them for it
http://www.cocktailsapp.com/tikisupport/form

Done! Thanks!

On 2009-05-23 14:12, Hakalugi wrote:

You need to get one of those iPhone condoms!

I would have, but it doesn't have a cup holder. :D

Anyone know if this is available for Android on HTC G3?

T

On 2009-05-20 12:28, Tiki Kaimuki wrote:

There is an app for that: iTunes. You can host an iPod Touch from your PC using iTunes, a free app from Apple that runs on PC or Mac.

As a tikiphile and a PC user, I find at least three compelling reasons to routinely cross the great divide via iPod Touch: The Quiet Village podcast, Cudra Clover's Exotica Hour podcast and the Bum's Tiki+ app.

[ Edited by: TikiTomD 2009-12-24 07:18 ]

Would love to have this for my LG enV Touch. I used to have a great cocktail application on my Palm and it was a great reference. That price is fantastic. SIGH :(

N
nate posted on Mon, Dec 28, 2009 11:57 AM

Love this app. Especially good for those of us who don't have a copy of Intoxica.

Also I dig how you can click on any of the ingredients and get a detailed description. Perfect for taking with you to the liquor store.

Boy, I wish this app was available for the iFone! Having just bought one, it's tops on my list.

C'mon Bum, get it back up there for the drooling likes of us cocktail fanatics!

Pages: 1 26 replies