Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Movie Reviews?

Pages: 1 3 replies

K
Kim posted on Fri, Apr 4, 2003 12:22 PM

The Husband (formerly luminoir, now tikitronic) suggested that I offer my services as a pseudo-writer to review tiki movies for the forum. For a sample movie review, check out this thread (https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=3156&forum=1&11), in which I review Under the Yum Yum Tree (1963).

We're lucky enough to live a mere 15 blocks from Movie Madness in Portland, which is arguably one of the best sources for hard-to-find-movies on the West Coast.
Consequently, I should be able to get my mitts on nearly anything that's suggested.

If anyone has a movie they'd like reviewed, post the title here, or email me, and I'll check it out!

We will be on vacation in (hopefully sunny) North CA next week, checking tiki bars in the San Jose/San Francisco area, so you've got a clear week to start thinking of movies. We return to (rainy) Portland 4/14/03, and I'll be relaxed & ready to rate 'em for tiki-content!

[ Edited by: Kim on 2003-04-04 12:31 ]

T

I've been wanting to see 'Pagan Island' for some time now. My local alterno-video store doesn't carry it. I've been hoping to score one on Ebay but it always goes for too much!

Kim, as a fellow Portlander and TC veteran, I highly recommend that you try to hook up with some TC folks in the bay area while you're there. You won't regret is as you'll be hard pressed to find a cooler bunch of folks...

I LOVE Movie Madness, by the way!

M

After the post the other day about "The Jerk", I had to find a copy to rent for my son who loves Steve Martin. Went straight to Movie Madness of course.

Pages: 1 3 replies