Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

new work on an old guy . . . last page . .

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 204 replies

H
Heath posted on Sat, Jan 30, 2010 9:34 PM

Big or small, it doesn't matter, it still looks good!
Way to go Perry!

P

thanks, heath. you've always got a great attitude. good for you. that pic is from earlier tonight. it needed more stuff done. now it's done. i'll take some pics tomorrow outside so i don't have to flash it. that blows out some of the detail. i know i'm not the best little carver, but i think i'm getting better.

i'm going to mold this one and then make another wax piece and put a lava rock finish on it to see how that looks. from my research a lot of the tahitian stuff was done in stone with quite a bit of texture.

P

here's a better photo with more work done.

P

should i make some of these in resin for pendants and fridge magnets?

i think they came out kind of cool. i'm still going to try a few different textures now that i have a base mold.

(didn't have any good resin tint around tonight.)

mahalo!

H
Heath posted on Mon, Feb 1, 2010 8:27 AM

One looks like white chocolate and the other looks as though it's either raspberry or black cherry flavored.
SWEET!

I was thinkin' it looked like bone, but I like chocolate better :)

P
pdrake posted on Thu, Feb 4, 2010 8:03 PM

heh, maybe i'll have to get some food grade silicone.

i've been so busy i haven't had much time to work on this. i'm reworking the face a little. the pics and castings i made show me stuff i want to fix.

thanks!

No neck Nick. I like 'em. Buff.

P

he decided he wanted to come out and change up a bit.

P

there's some texture effects i'm going to try, but this will be the master. i did fix the chip in his tooth. (it's only about 1/64" but it bugged me.)

P

finished the master on this guy. nice satin finish.

GT

I like that pendent, Very well done! You selling them? Mahalo my friend! Cheers! Gogo

P

thanks, gogo. yes, these will be for sale. the one in the photo is sterling and i'm also making them in white and yellow bronze.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 204 replies