Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to announce Smuggler's Cove (NEW MUG PG. 6)

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies

S

This is SO very. very! I am thrilled, and I can't wait! Congrats, Martin!

Suzanne

I'm proud to announce here that Smuggler's Cove has received the much-coveted endorsement of none other than Weird Uncle Tiki! Martin, feel free to use this in all of your promotional materials.

Your fan,

Weird Uncle Tiki

Always MY favorite Martin.
If you need waterfalls that don't leak.....to quote somebody famous,
"Don't be afraid youcan call me
Call me
and
I'll be
arounnnnnd!"

Way to go, Martin!! Can't wait to check this one out. Who'd have guessed... Tiki and rhum??!!??

Congrats!!

A
aquarj posted on Fri, Jun 5, 2009 9:31 AM

Fantasterrific!

"..relics from some of San Francisco's most famous historic watering holes.."

Anything around Post and Taylor? Wouldn't that be a fun location!

I guess probably not in a practical sense, but in a WOW-WEE sense it would.

-Randy

Congrats Martin! Looking forward to having an awesome place to frequent in the City.

"..relics from some of San Francisco's most famous historic watering holes.."

ooh! ooh! Martin how getting the rights for reproducing the "Tiki Bob" as a signature mug, thus commemorating one of the great lost tiki bars and brining back a classic mug.

K
kiya posted on Sat, Jun 6, 2009 9:16 AM

How far have you all gotten on the clue hunt?
I'm on page two with the Tiki Bob's menu..

Z

already on the mailing list, & counting the days...

Looks like I'm going to have to make the trek to the city. CONGRATULATIONS on the new rum adventure. Time to start figuring out the BART schedules!

I knew it!! Those nimble hands wouldn't rest for long. Congragulations, man.

ahhh-yeah!! I can't wait!! ...intrigued by the "hidden" page too :)

...just figured it out - woo!

[ Edited by: Trad'r Bill 2009-06-08 23:09 ]

K

Martin,

Consider this a virtual high five.

Ah yeah!

Woody

V

That looks exciting ! Rum rum rum rum
congrats martin

Roadtrip!

R

Martin,

Avast me hearties!

Congratulations buddy, best of luck on the new adventure. As fate would have it, I currently have a business trip planned in early November that takes me to San Francisco.

This bar is going to have some moxie!

E
Erika posted on Wed, Jun 10, 2009 9:29 AM

Great news!

But when will Smuggler's Cove II open, in the Philadelphia area?

On 2009-06-03 15:23, Tai Won On wrote:
Congratulations, and it's 'bout time. I can't wait to check it out.

It's 'bout time? Seriously? It was only 106 days! :roll:

Tai Won On as you well know that's quicker than parcel post.

M

I'm super excited for you and I'm gonna need a SERIOUS drink after expending so much brain power on these puzzles. haha :wink:

Here's two hints. It doesn't have anything to do with words or phrases starting with L and ending with I, and it doesn't have anything to do with Roman numerals. Wasted lots of time on these yesterday!

M

Aloha everyone!

I just wanted to drop a quick note to all you with some important information. Several people have figured out the location of Smuggler’s Cove, and that’s fine – crafty ingenuity is a good thing! But I just want to mention three important points:

1. Remember- if you’re playing the puzzle and you want to win the grand prize, you must solve all the puzzles to win. Merely knowing the location will not be enough.
  2. Hundreds of people are playing right now, and are really enjoying Mr. Lemoore’s devious puzzles and the challenge of the game- please don’t spoil anyone’s fun by posting or talking about it if you know.
  3. Most importantly, the current bar is still in operation and the owner has asked me to kindly refrain from talking about the location- he has not had the opportunity to talk to the staff about the sale. Please help me in completing this sale smoothly and respect the wishes of the current owner- please don’t visit the bar or talk to the staff until after the game ends on June 27th.

I am flattered by all the enthusiasm and I thank you very much for your understanding in this matter. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to these puzzles because I can’t figure out the last one either!

Cheers!
Martin

thanks for the fun game to waste our time on while dreaming of our visit to SF - I don't suppose you'll be open by End of August?

M

On 2009-06-19 21:02, royaltiki wrote:
thanks for the fun game to waste our time on while dreaming of our visit to SF - I don't suppose you'll be open by End of August?

Sorry- won't be open yet. :(

Put me name on the list for a pre-trial opening Guinea pig. :D

Way to go Martin. Say,maybe you can get special permission to use Havanna Club rum?
Then again, Tijuana is only a short boat ride away.....

Is there a real cove you can use up there by chance?

T

For shame Eater!

[ Edited by: Kālai Waʻa 2009-06-22 13:29 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - Removed link - 2009-06-22 15:47 ]

[ Edited by: Kālai Waʻa 2009-06-22 16:41 ]

Come on guys, be nice. Everyone.

BL

On behalf of Martin, who is busy researching rum in Guatemala (MY work only sends me to Schaumburg!), I wanted to be sure everyone knows that the Smuggler's Cove game is still going strong! Today, in addition to the new clue, you will discover what treasure you are playing for!

http://www.smugglerscovesf.com/

Happy Puzzling!!

Rebecca (Mrs. Martiki)

A

On 2009-06-19 16:55, martiki wrote:
..Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to get back to these puzzles because I can’t figure out the last one either!

Martin, if you don't solve that last one and then figure out the location, we're all in trouble, because you won't know where to go to work!

-Randy

This last puzzle is frying my brain.

On 2009-06-24 13:14, CucamongaChango wrote:
This last puzzle is frying my brain.

mmmmm, fried brain.

Stuck on the last one, too :)

M

Yeah that last one was hard. I eventually had to give up. But I still had fun playing the game.

C
CP posted on Tue, Jun 30, 2009 7:42 AM

It was like the amazing race near the end. MAN THAT WAS FUN! Stories will be shared that's for sure.

As sad as I am that I couldn't crack the nut... I'm even more intrigued by how to crack the nut.
What the heck was the solution to the last puzzle?
I went roman numeral and got waaay off track, apparently.

M

Thanks again to everyone for playing! The winner was Chris Huning who was johnny-on-the-scene at the last clue.

Hanford will post about some on the tricks and tips of the puzzles on his blog in the coming weeks, so answers will be forthcoming. Which is good, because I still haven't figured out a few of them, and I really need to figure out where this bar is.

Cheers!
Martin

M
M

^^^ can't wait!

:lol:

M

remember that your answer must be in the form of a question.

What is November?

C

Since it's highly iffy whether I'll be in town for the Smuggler's Cove opening (one can hope...!), when in SFO this weekend, we took a swing by the locale......thanks to the midnites driving tour of SFO :)

Nothing to see, BUT, of course, that didn't stop me from taking a couple pictures :wink:

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Are people interested in before pix? I took a couple when it was still open as Jade Bar...

On 2009-09-29 15:04, croe67 wrote:

See, Martin is always thinking about us and our well-being by installing this limbo bar.
If you can successfully limbo under the pole, you should be safe enough to drive home.
You gotta love the man!

Unga, I want to see you Limbo under that pole! Opening night perhaps! :)

Pages: 1 2 3 119 replies