Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Locating Tiki

Islander Beach Lodge, New Smyrna Beach, FL (hotel)

Pages: 1 7 replies

Name:Islander Beach Lodge
Type:hotel
Street:1601 S. Atlantic Avenue
City:New Smyrna Beach
State:FL
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
I have collected several postcards and a brochure from the Islander Beach Lodge located in New Smyrna Beach, Florida.

This is another one of those cool Florida hotels that incorporated the impressive A-frame entry treatment along with a stone wall veneer.

Here is a nice postcard rendering - the motto says it all.

Photo postcards.

Nice bamboo font on the brochure

Great night-time shot

Here are close ups of the Islander Supper Club and the Rum Keg Lounge

Had to include this shot of the "Golf Pro" teaching golf to a couple of young ladies in bikinis and bare feet.

The place is still there - it is now called the Islander Beach Resort.

I'm glad they tore down the A-Frame, that stark white wall and new modern logo look sooo much better.

NOT!

DC

looks like a drive inn screen ! lol
"NOW SHOWING!" ......KEEP DRIVING!

Those oldie postcards are a must see !
Mahalo!

Now this is interesting. I was looking through my postcards and noticed this one from the Treasure Island hotel located just down the road from the Islander Beach Lodge at 2025 S. Atlantic Avenue in Daytona Beach Shores.

Nice lights in the A-frame at the entrance.

Years ago Puamana also posted this postcard with a rendering from the Treasure Island Hotel.

Looks liked a carbon copy of the Islander - must have been the same architect and developer.

The Treasure Island hotel is still there, but most of the good stuff is missing. The stone wall veener and the impressive a-frame design on the large entry wall are gone. The little port cochere feature is all that remains.

DC

Another cool posting by the master DC .

S

On 2009-06-18 16:34, Dustycajun wrote:
https://tikicentral.com/uploads/8169/4a39716b.jpg

Man, remember in the 70's when every restaurant table had those fat net covered candles burning on them?

While certainly not as much of a carbon copy, the Aku Tiki Inn in Daytona

..used the same concept: An A-frame porte-cochere/lobby mirrored by a larger A-frame on white wall design. This architectural concept seems unique to the Florida coast. Or does anybody know of other examples? (The St. Petersburg Hilton does NOT fir the bill)

More Islanders than I knew. Wendy

Pages: 1 7 replies