Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Original Lagoon Room Bar -Up for Sale

Pages: 1 42 replies

A

Yes, the Original Lagoon Room Bar is up for sale. I just wanted to state that here, so no one said later they wish they knew I was getting rid of it. I priced it high, I'm sure it will sell. I ain't giving it away, that's for sure. Heads up it's on "Graig's list San Diego" Search: Rattan Bar.

Many memories at that bar for me - good times, bad times... sigh, its like saying goodbye to an old friend....

G

I will swing by this weekend and have a final drink.

Damn!! I am going to miss that bar!!

Please tell me you're going bigger and better.

MT

I was just about to ask the same question that JT asked.

AL!
I was very honored to be served by you from this bar.
As Polypop said, very special memories.
I hope it finds a special home.

Swell bar ...you don"t see vintage bars usually with that thick of wood
counter top on them that's for sure.

A
Al-ii posted on Fri, Jun 19, 2009 3:00 PM

Bigger and better definitely, And (for those who Emailed me offline) Gregslist is better than craigslist.
Mahalo,
Al

SWEET! :)

love the top of the bar especially. I'm sure you'll easy get what you're asking - although sounds like the new owner will need a small crew with them and perhaps a forklift...and not a pickup truck either. hello u-haul?

I have a bar from the same manufacturer with a more rounded front suitable to stick in a corner of a room. The sucker is very heavy because the bar has plenty of shelving and a cutting board which all appears to be made of koa wood. The thick koa top alone would make it worth the money. The wood glows and the grain depth is very prominent in proper lighting.

now thats the kind of 'live edge ' bar top I want to put on my curved bar out back

but since I can not get koa wood here ,I am going to have to make it out of black walnut,likethe out side bar,driftwood bar

it's going to take a little time finding just the right piece's

Wow, what a beautiful bar Al-ii.

Tiki-David, do you now where I can find some stools like the ones with the green vinyl tops in your picture above? I have two like that and am looking for a couple more for Hula Sue's (my basement bar). Thanks :)

You are definitely the ultimate TIKIBARDUDE...glad you are trading up. :) I also feel very honored to have been served on that beautiful piece of furniture...my first flaming bowl too!!! Hang in on the pricing, it is worth every penny. We look forward to seeing your next magical mixology station.

$1500! Does a wahine come with it?

MT

Uh, no, but you get the bar, with the nice top, four bar stools (ever priced those lately?) and the two back bar cabinets trimmed with tapa cloth. Pretty much a complete do-it-yourself kit that would work well for someone. All of that together I would say is a bargain. I've bent many an elbow at that bar, it's nice! I'd go out and buy it right now, but I don't have the money, the space for it, or a way to bring it back up to here to the Nickel-Dime. But that's never stopped me before. :D

Also, Al is such a cool guy, that if you bought his bar, he very likely could hook you up with a wahine, which would end up being a night to remember. Or forget.

I didn't know a bent elbow gave a bar provenance, let alone value. I'd rather the wahine. :wink:

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2009-06-23 17:59 ]

Don't hate, David. I didn't know that owning an "extensive and rare collection of tiki/poly pop" was a requirement for this site. Sounds like your comments might be better served on the post "am I a tiki snob" :wink:

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2009-06-23 18:00 ]

Lol! I guess that hit close to home for you. :wink:

Seriously David, did you pay for someone else's "sentimental" value on your witco? Probably not.
No offense to Al but he said he's gonna "price it high"...or did he mean "price it (while)high" :) in fun.

L

Those Koa wood bar tops are beautiful--love the color.

I hope you get your full asking price (or even more!)

3..2..1...aaaand cue stalker.

No offense, tikimyniki, But What's Your Problem? :wink:

(note how I used the words "no offense" and a smiley to make this statement completely inoffensive to tikimyniki)

No offense taken, :wink:

I'm sure I'll regret saying something here but I have to agree with Sabu. Reading stuff like this is just getting old. What's with the continually snide comments, Tikimyniki? It adds absolutely nothing to the conversation here.
I would humbly suggest taking a look back at some of your own comments (regardless what anyone else has said) to see if you can understand how some people are perceiving them. I just took a look myself and found virtually nothing constructive.
It sure turns me off from posting here and I normally really enjoy the constructive give and take.

Pupu, that is where you are incorrect, my friend. When my posts are taken within the context of the entire thread they are on topic, and yes with my own opinion.

What's funny is that OTHERS swoop in and derail it all, with their even stronger opinions and somehow that is more valid?

If I think $1500 is a lot for a that bar, as pretty as it may be, then sobeit, if y'all think I'm wrong then I believe Al would appreciate your purchase.

See how I brought it back to the original topic. :wink:

My simple point was that, after looking at your posts, the majority of them seem to be taunts or reactions to perceived slights which elicit a reaction and another response from you (whether or not they are actually technically related to the topic at hand or who said what, first, is beside the point I was trying to make).

I'm talking about trying to make a meaningful contribution to a discussion on Tiki. I see none in your posts. Perhaps you could point to one?

My suggestion was made in the hope that we are all adults here. I'm right about that, aren't I?

[ Edited by: Mr. Pupu Pants 2009-06-23 11:41 ]

[ Edited by: TIKI DAVID 2009-06-23 18:00 ]

Sigh. I tried.

Hanford, can this thread be re-named 'the kids table'? (Sorry Al-ii :( )

And can they be locked in so they can just throw food at each other and not get any on us?

[ Edited by: Mr. Pupu Pants 2009-06-23 13:33 ]

Wow, I wish I could say I am amazed to see how this thread has deteriorated from a decent guy trying to sell something he obviously cares about and is determinded to get a fair price for his time and effort (can't put a price on that, now can you?)in addition to the value he feels is reasonable to a highjacked thread of contention and personal attacks.

This is trolling, tikimyniki and although you obviously value your own opinion, it appears as though no one else here does. You are beginning to remind me of a couple of other people who got banned from here

General Rule #4. Do not Troll. Trolling is the act of making comments specifically to irritate, inflame, or arouse anger in other users.

Sorry to Al-ii, you deserve much better for your efforts and continued good luck with your sale. Your bar is amazing and from what I have read, it has been appreciated by many lucky people. If I didn't already have a bar, I would consider buying it myself.

Seriously, I think I would have a hard time trying to sell anything directly on TC because of antics like tikimyniki's. Grow up!

PTD

"we are all adults here. I'm right about that, aren't I?"-pupu

Apparently David didn't quite hear you, as evidenced by his most recent posts.(that he kindly removed across this thread) :wink:

And since you and David are continuing the derail...

Contributions: I live in Oakland, so I actually called the store selling all that Witco to get the skinny on why TCers calls weren't being returned. I got results and posted them.
When I located Witco on the las vegas craigslist I posted that for y'all as well. Twice. And If I find something new for you for you guys I will continue to post it.

Call me crazy but when looking at your own comments, mine are quite tame. :)

[ Edited by: tikimyniki 2009-06-24 17:57 ]

And...Psycho there has been no trolling here. There are alot of people that are dogpiling though. And I think David blasted rule #2. So let's get it straight.

For clarity, no one is saying it ain't a nice bar, so stop hijackin. The owner, Al, in the first post said himself he was "pricing it high", I happen to agree. That's all. :)

Free TikiLaLe!

Buzzy Out!

On 2009-06-23 13:44, tikimyniki wrote:
"we are all adults here. I'm right about that, aren't I?"-pupu

Apparently David didn't quite hear you, as evidenced by his most recent post. :wink:

And since you and David are continuing the derail...

Contributions: I live in Oakland, so I actually called the store selling all that Witco to get the skinny on why TCers calls weren't being returned. I got results and posted them.
When I located Witco on the las vegas craigslist I posted that for y'all as well. Twice. And If I find something new for you for you guys I will continue to post it.

Call me crazy but when looking at your own comments, mine are quite tame. :)

Hmmm, my comments? Really? You seriously don't get it, do you?
Ok, I give up. Life is too short. I'm done posting at Tiki Central for a while.

Deleted double post

[ Edited by: Mr. Pupu Pants 2009-06-23 15:17 ]

For those calling him a troll: have you ever heard the term "don't feed the trolls?"

Please stop posting about anything other than the bar on this topic. Everyone. I don't want to lock Al's topic.

It's a great bar and I've had the pleasure to have a drink or two on it.

~Hanford

AND NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED SUBJECT.

Al, you are an absolute awesome bar tender...you really pay attention to detail and take your hosting activities seriously. Thanks for hosting me and my Mom and Corona Contessa through your great collections and making us some really fabulous drinks. We will never forget our visit to your place. Because of you and your helpful thread on (stocking your bar with the right tools...etc.) I now own a variety of straws and have a better understanding of garnishes and vessels. You ought to hire out to set up home bars for those of us that learn/struggle as we go. Your finesse behind the bar truly demonstrates the necessity of setting up the bar properly. I still have a lot to learn, so hope you add more to that thread...it is wonderful.

Do you already have an eye on your next bar?

Al, please post pics of the new bar once you get it set up. Good luck peddling the old one.

Yes, good luck.

MT

I heard from someone on the Tiki Crawl (either Soccer Tiki or Jungle Trader) that Al sold the bar, and got double of what he was asking. That's great, Al! Can't wait to see what you dream up to replace it!

I heard it was triple! :)

Pages: 1 42 replies