Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

JUNE 27th Tikiyaki Orchestra CD Listening party - Details page 2

Pages: 1 30 replies

T

Due to situations beyond our control, It is with much regret that I have to inform everyone that we have to cancel the June 27th Record release party "Take off with Tikiyaki" .

Due to Don's still not having their entertainment license, we feel it's best not to take a chance getting shut down by the cops (again) and simply postpone our show there until things get sorted out. We spent months planning and working on this event, as well as money on swag, advertising, printing etc, so it was a hard decision to make, but we feel that it's far better to cancel the show now, than have to cancel 1 or 2 days before, or get shut down.

As some of you may or may not know, The Glasgow Tiki Shakers had to cancel their show last night for the same reason, and Outer Wave the week before, so we decided it's best not to risk having to cancel at such a late date.

We will be refunding everyone's money, and hopefully, rescheduling to a future date.

As for Don's.....
Please do continue to support Don the Beachcomber....go there for the great drinks (Vicious Virgin please !) , food (...and some sticky ribs) and awesome Tiki atmosphere, all of which are stellar. The shows will continue there once these license issues get sorted out. And like Bamboo Ben says "Support your local Tiki Bar!"

As for The Tikiyaki Orchestra, our new CD "Swingin' Sounds for the Jungle Jetset !" will be ready to ship June 27th, as well as the Jungle Jetpacks, and we have more cool stuff planned, like our "Take off with Tikiyaki" show, which incorporates visual multi-media, dancers, and tons of fun. So we can't wait to bring that to you as well.

We MAY throw a little impromptu listening party on the 27th with CD's available, so, should we decide to do that we'll post something here.

Ordering will begin on the 26th at http://www.tikiyakiairways.com and http://www.tikiyakiorchestra.com

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone, and we thank you for your continued support.

Mahalo

Tikiyaki

[ Edited by: tikiyaki 2009-06-22 15:48 ]

Wow! That really sucks!

R

what a bummer... :(

Pool Party??

• RevBambooBen wrote:*

Pool Party??

:lol:

When in doubt... throw a Pool Party!!!

Jim, please keep us posted...

it's not april 1st is it???this is just too bad-- i guess we all have something to look forward to when the permits are all sorted out.
pool party-- i hope it's a huge pool and yard .i have a feeling a lot of people will be showing up for this one.

T

DANG!

Jim, say it ain't so!

Oh well, keep us posted for the rescheduled event! It will be AWESOME whenever and where ever it happens!

CJ

bone fire!?! ukulele and drums?

T
TNT posted on Sun, Jun 21, 2009 12:41 PM

Oh no... that is bad news.

Aww, what a cryin' shame for you guys. I know you put a ton of work into this release party. Looking forward to hearing the new CD no matter what.

Hopefully, we'll be able to make another date (hard to do when you're from NYC), but we'll take advantage of the forced vacation and enjoy the tiki sights of LA and surrounding area next weekend (not to mention potential Marty Lush sightings.)

Hey, the weather's gotta be better than the East Coast these days. :)

Cheers!
Gina (and tabuzak)

on the bright side...
Isn't Swag from a cancelled CD debut show
worth billions on eBay?
:)

sad news
but slow and steady wins the race!
look to the future!

TT

On 2009-06-21 09:55, RevBambooBen wrote:
Pool Party??

Just move the party to Ben's place. LOL

That really is a bummer. You can count on our continued support. Want us to hold on to our boarding passes and you can lets us know when the next flight is?

S
squid posted on Sun, Jun 21, 2009 1:34 PM

You guys are the most gracious and understanding bunch of folks, EVER. That means the world to us. Thank you.

squid

The last transmission from the cockpit was "...stewardess, where's my cocktail?"

K
kirby posted on Sun, Jun 21, 2009 2:17 PM

What a tragedy.... Next time hire captain Sully

TM

To me, it does not really matter where this band plays. I feel they bring the spirit of Tiki wherever they go. This band could set up and play in a "bed, Bath and Beyond" store and it would still be awesome!

The only good thing about any of this is that I will probably now be able to go, because June 27 was out for me, anyway!

But, wouldn't it be excellent if they had the Jungle jetset party here?:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=30585&forum=1&hilite=my first attempt

Truly, if you saw this place in person like I have, you would realize it is perfect for the tikiyaki orchestra!

It even has a makeshift jungle landing strip, (which I am sure Marty Lush has some experience with.....hmmmmm?)

We went to Don's last night and also for Fathers Day brunch this morning. At brunch, to make up for not having the Polynesian show, Andre the manager handed out a Tiki mug to all the dads (Benzart's "Vicious" with a DtB stamp...when are the rum barrels and the Don's head mug coming?!) So, no shows either visit but I got a free mug. And of course Marie took care of us Saturday night...she makes the best Zombie! Looking forward to the rescheduled flight...should have known not to trust an upstart airline these days! :lol:

What a real drag .I look forward to an update .

On 2009-06-21 14:17, kirby wrote:

i heard there will still be a parade on Saturday night at Dons!

:)

Well that is bad news. I am sorry for you all, after such a well thought out and executed promo! Looking forward to the announcement of the new date for the spectacular event!

This is the only problem with Sam's/Kona/Don the Beachcomber. Those back walls are THIN! And you can hear every note of any band that is playing in the hidden village or the adjacent room. You can hear it well from outside. The condos in the back, I don't think they were there before, obviously, but the residents don't like music, or Tiki...!! They would definately call the police and have the whole Tikiyaki Orchestra hauled away in a paddy wagon!! (Like last time)

G
GROG posted on Mon, Jun 22, 2009 10:34 AM

Commuter flight at the Tonga Hut..... hmmmmmmmmmm.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=32533&forum=17&start=75&88

Oh! Waaaah!
I was so looking forward to it.

This is your Captain Speaking:

Now that I am out of house arrest, I want to thank everyone who helped to bail me out. I swear, I never laid a hand on that stewardess. Since, as a condition of my release, I am temperarlity barred from flaying the 747, I am flaying out of our commuter terminal (the Tonga Hut Terminal at North Hollywood International Airport).

Join me on June 27th (Same night as the original flight) for a night of drunken high-flying fun!!

Visit the event thread for all the details:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=32533&forum=17&88

Ain't that a kick in the head! When does Dons expect to have the entertainment license? It broke my heart to tell Mrs. Mongo this morning that the flight was cancelled, im pretty sure she was holding back tears. I had so many cool visions of how the night would have gone down, knowing the real event would have exceeded them all!

DZ

On 2009-06-22 12:59, Marty Lush wrote:
I am temperarlity barred from flaying the 747...

"Flaying the 747", eh? Is that 'pilot-speak' for something naughty? :wink:

bummer, was really looking forward to this, since I missed them at the Mayflower and at Ben's nooner.
:(

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S
squid posted on Mon, Jun 22, 2009 3:25 PM

Captain Lush is visiting his parole officer so he asked me to post all the info here:

TIKIYAKI AIRWAYS FREE COMMUTER FLIGHT!

Tonga Hut, North Hollywood
8:00 PM...not 7:00

The Tikiyaki Eggroll Co will be providing their famous deep-fried, in-flight delights!

9:00 CD listening!

We'll be there to sign CDs!

DJ Lush spinning exotikitsch, lounge, and wacky sounds from Tikiyaki Airways international routes!

Guest bartenders include: Captain Lush and El Maestro Tikiyaki serving up the Jungle Jetsetter!

Tikiyaki lucky fortune cookie prize drawings!

Sexy stewardesses!

Did I mention sexy stewardesses?

AND...If you are a card-carrying member of the Mystic Order of Tikiyaki (MOT) you will get extra chances to win prizes. Must bring your membership card to qualify.

PLEASE HAVE YOUR ID READY AT ALL TIMES.

Thank you for flying Tikiyaki. See you there!!!!

[ Edited by: squid 2009-06-22 15:42 ]

T

Admission for this party is FREE !

S
squid posted on Mon, Jun 22, 2009 8:21 PM

On 2009-06-22 07:43, conchchowder wrote:

On 2009-06-21 14:17, kirby wrote:

Yeah, good idea. Lush needs a good co-pilot for when he passes out!

Pages: 1 30 replies