Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

win an original thor painting!! help bring our mermaid to tiki oasis!

Pages: 1 29 replies

Listen up Tiki Ohana! Our beloved Marina the Mermaid would love to party with all of us at this year's Tiki Oasis, but needs our assistance to make this happen. So a couple of her pals have come up with a totally tantalizing way to help our favorite fishtailed friend get to Tiki Oasis! We are selling "Bring A Mermaid To Oasis" raffle tickets for $10.00 each. The winner of this raffle will get THE MOST FABULOUS PRIZE EVER: AN ORIGINAL RUM PAINTING OF "MARINA THE MERMAID", PAINTED BY NONE OTHER THAN (native drum roll please)... THOR!!!! Yes, Thor is painting an exquisite, one-of-a kind painting of Marina the Mermaid WITH HIS UNIQUE RUM PAINT. If you are unaware of Thor's amazing rum paintings, check out this fascinating (and funny) You Tube video of how he creates these works of art: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgxw3SqXZxE

Thor is still working on this masterpiece, so we don't have a photo to show yet of what it will look like, but we CAN tell you THIS: It will be a whopping 16x 20 INCHES, UNFRAMED, painted entirely out of rum, and the image will be of Marina frolicking through the portholes of the Wreck Bar. And we all know the fate of the Wreck Bar (Marina's underwater home) is uncertain right now, so this piece will have particular emotional and historical significance for Tiki art collectors. And let this light your fuse: If you wanted to buy one of Thor's rum paintings from his art gallery (of this size, and unframed, like this one), it would sell for $750-$800 dollars! So how staggering would it be if you WON IT for a fraction of that?! Plus, you're helping out one of your Tiki ohana, so it's all good mana!

"Okay, how do I help a mermaid? How can I win this amazing painting?" Well, buy some raffle tickets!!! One ticket costs only $10.00. Obviously, the more you buy, the better your chances are of winning this painting! You can enter by sending a personal check or money order to Tangaroa-Ru. Just send her a personal message on Tiki Central, and she'll send you the mailing address. Please indicate on your payment that this is for the "Send A Mermaid To Oasis" raffle, and include your REAL name AND Tiki Central name, address and phone number with your payment. You will receive a confirmation email, with a corresponding raffle number when your payment is received. Remember, the more tickets you buy, the greater your chances are to WIN THIS AMAZING PAINTING!

The lucky winning number will be randomly drawn at Tiki Oasis and an announcement will be made there. However the winner need NOT be present to win! So anyone can enter this contest -- even if you live far, far away! We will contact the winner and mail the painting to them if they can't be at Tiki Oasis! And Thor and Marina will both sign the painting for you!

This is a win-win situation, Tikiphiles. You get to help bring one of our favorite Tiki family members to Tiki Oasis AND you get a chance to win a gorgeous one-of-a-kind piece of Thor art! Enter now! Enter often!

Mahalo for your support!
~ Thor and Kari ~

[ Edited by: Tangaroa-Ru 2009-06-23 09:07 ]

So we can buy more than one ticket per person?

Terrill is sooo waiting to deplete my paypal earnings!
She loves marina and she loves Thor!
:)

Oh dear Tiki God, yes, LLT! You can buy as many tickets as you want! The more you buy, the better chances you have to win win WIN!!! Tickets are $10.00 each. Each ticket is assigned an individual number. The lucky number will be drawn at Tiki Oasis and an announcement will be made. We will track you down even if you aren't there... even if you are in another country or passed out in someone's room with a bottle of Newfoundland Screech in your sorry little hands! You know what I'm talking about! Don't play coy with me! (But if you don't include your name, address and phone number with your entry, you may be S.O.L.... unless we know you personally.)

Come on, people! Let's do this for our mermaid!!!

as a big fan of Thor.......

ive sent my funds for my lucky raffle tickets

[ Edited by: closettiki 2009-06-22 23:01 ]

as a big fan of thor.......

ive sent my funds for my lucky raffle tickets

T

Thanks Closettiki and Kinny!!!!

Your generosity will be WELL rewarded! I am VERY excited to do this special rum painting!! It gives me a perfect excuse to get a new bottle of 151 and conjure up a real smokin' piece! My skull mug has been itchin for a good head full o'liquid gold tas dip me brush inta...!

Cheers! THOR

[ Edited by: THOR's 2009-06-23 09:19 ]

Aloha everyone! From this point on, we can only accept checks or money orders for this raffle. Apparently, using Paypal for this kind of activity is against their rules. (I didn't know that!) But, PLEASE, don't let this keep you from entering this amazing raffle for an excellent cause! Just send me (Tangaroa-Ru) a personal message here on Tiki Central, and I'll let you know the mailing address. Once your money is received, you will get a confirmation email with your raffle number on it. Make sure to include your name (both real and Tiki Central names), address, phone number and email address with your entry!

Mahalo for you enthusiasm and participation! At Tiki Oasis, ONE of you is going to win an unbelievable piece of art for taking part in a good cause for a very small price!

And remember! You don't have to be at Tiki Oasis to win! (But why would you want to miss Tiki Oasis?!!!)

Mahalo everyone!

this is a very cool thing.
Love Thor's Rum paintings, and would love to see Marina at Oasis.
I will be buying some raffle tix.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Just give me a p.m. holla, Big Tiki Dude! We'll hook you up with raffle tickets. Thor is boiling down his rum as we speak... Thor? Thor? Are you there? Oh, dear... I think the fumes have gotten to him.

T
TNT posted on Tue, Jun 23, 2009 5:19 PM

We would love to see Marina at Tiki Oasis.

hell I'd love to see Marina anywhere other than my dreams.
:wink:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

that's creepy,Jeff....

C

This is so cool!! I want one, i don't even care about winning i just want to participate! This is why a love TC...

C'mon kids!
a REAL LIVE MERMAID!
at Oasis!
and you get a Thor piece too!
unless terrill and i winnit!

BUMP!

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jul 2, 2009 9:19 AM

Will Marina have a kissing booth at Oasis and sell kisses?

We'll definitely have to get her to Oasis then.

TWO-TIMER!

M

I may have missed this, but does anyone have a link to Marina's TC profile? Thanks.

G
GROG posted on Thu, Jul 2, 2009 10:00 AM

http://www.medusirena.com/

[ Edited by: GROG 2009-07-02 10:11 ]

here ya go
http://www.tikicentral.com/bb_profile.php?mode=view&user=9091

On 2009-07-02 09:45, MamboKing wrote:
I may have missed this, but does anyone have a link to Marina's TC profile? Thanks.

Dearest Mambo King (and everyone else reading this):

The raffle is still going on in FULL SWING! Tickets are still available! But...DO NOT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!!! This is a good cause for a GREAT PRIZE! How much would you like to hang with Marina at Tiki Oasis next month?! How much would you like to hang Thor's original Marina rum painting in your Tiki bar? Good Tikigod, what are you waiting for! Send me a personal message here on Tiki Central OR email me at [email protected] and I'll send you the address where you can send your raffle entry money. But do it soon, because this raffle will end in just a few weeks. DON'T BE LEFT OUT OF A ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME TIKI ART OPPORTUNITY!!! I mean, really! This is Marina we're talking about! This is a piece of original Thor artwork we're talking about! Don't be a member of the "I Should Have Club"! Rant complete. Now enter!

S
squid posted on Fri, Jul 3, 2009 1:04 AM

Thanks to Paipo for turning me on to these guys.

Marina, this one's for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZLhUik0tSU

M

I'm in it to win it! :)

Aloha Everyone!

So passionate am I about this raffle that I am typing this while en route back to L.A. from the San Francisco Tiki Crawl. First of all, thank you to the crawlers who bought raffle tickets and listened to my speech on the bus about this.

THERE IS STILL TIME TO ENTER THIS RAFFLE! BUT DON'T DAWDLE!! How silly will you feel if you realize (too late) that for a mere $10.00 you could have won an original Thor rum painting worth $800.00!?

Good cause, great prize people!

BUMP!!! And Aloha! ~Kari

J

Hey Kari,
Did you tell Thor about my proposition? :wink:

T

JEN!! Are you up to some mischiefe??? I sense monkey shines! I am juggling like a one armed native with a hot batch of Tsantsa's. I have been shamefully antisocial!! lol What's cooking? I need a mental break!

So how is this going? Will Marina be at Oasis?????????? :D

T
THOR's posted on Sun, Aug 9, 2009 5:40 PM

HI FWD!!!

Last I heard we did well but still short to get her here. Airlines and a place in San D really added up. But what I suggested is that we shoot for this yar and if we miss the mark, Marina can put this in a travel fund for next Year. Either way, the raffle will happen and someone gets some cool art this year! Kari or Marina can give the latest....I just paint! lol

Here is the winner of THOR's Rum painting!
Click on the link below...

http://party.tikibartv.com/video/congrats-to-thor-rum-painting
Congratulations to Sabu the Coconut Boy!

Again, thank you Tom, Kari & all of you wonderful tiki ohana- your support really means a lot. I'm so deeply touched by your kindness.

I WILL "sea" you at Oasis in 2010!

Your Aqua-Exoticat,

Marina

Pages: 1 29 replies