Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Tiki Drink and Camping Trip?

Pages: 1 5 replies

T

OK, so me and the other Dads are taking our kids on a nice little weekend camping trip in South Jersey (near the shore)

What would you suggest as a great cocktail to take for the weekend? :drink:

Something that does not require a lot of ingredients and ones that are easily accessible to us on the East Coast?

Also, something that's good for most tastes... I'd love to mix Mai Tais all weekend but it would be a bit much! I was thinking about Dark & Stormys but I'm open to suggestions.... well?? I'm waiting!

Thanks in advance!

Well you took the words out of my mouth some ginger beer and and goslings and a few limes and you are set. Dark and Stormy

I also favor Mount Gay and ginger ale / ginger beer and a lime!

Injoy!

3 oz. dark rum.
1 Oz. lime juice,
1 oz. soda water
1 tablespoon brown sugar,
sprig of mint if you want.

pretty easy.
I love it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

S

A lot of times when I go on vacation, I'll take a bottle of Dave and Anna's Mai Tai Mix.
http://www.time2tiki.com/store_home.htm

All you have to do is add lime juice and rum.
It's not a traditional mai tai by any means, but it makes a damn good drink.

Also, 1 1/2oz-2oz light rum, 1oz lime and tsp powdered sugar or simple syrup shaken and strained into a martini glass and you've got an original daquiri.

[ Edited by: skeeter 2009-06-25 04:38 ]

T

On 2009-06-24 22:39, bigtikidude wrote:
3 oz. dark rum.
1 Oz. lime juice,
1 oz. soda water
1 tablespoon brown sugar,
sprig of mint if you want.

pretty easy.
I love it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Wow, what do you call this?? I've never seen this drink before....

Since, my trip is this weekend and I'm short on time I am thinking of just sticking with my plan of Dark and Stormys, mostly because they are easy and damn good! I also found this alternative while using the search on TC:

On 2004-10-06 05:52, Trader Woody wrote:
Mixing equal parts dark rum and ginger wine (Stones, Crabbes etc) is even more of a kick. It's a great one to drink after being out on a cold, dark winter's day.

Do you get ginger wine in the US?

Trader Woody

I have 2 bottles of Stone's Ginger Wine sitting on my bar and I wasn't sure what to do with them, so this is a possibility.

Let's keep the suggestions coming... searching for good, quick and simple tasty cocktails is my new hobby!

Mark

I thought I would like Dark and Stormy's, I had one at Tiki Ti and didn't really care for it too much.

as for the drink above it's basically a simple Grog recipe.
just add the soda water to lighten it up a bit.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Pages: 1 5 replies