Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Want Ad : Looking for ____ in Northern California

Pages: 1 12 replies

L

So I know a lot of us have items we are searching for that we have been unable to find for ourselves. I just thought we should have a place to put up a "Want Ad" on here so that maybe we could help each other out.

I think once you place a request (try to include photos if possible) someone who has that item to sell or trade should pm the poster. Once your request has been filled just edit your entry to make sure it's either deleted or noted that you are no longer hunting for it.

Also be sure to post the amount you would be willing to spend or that you would like to make a trade.

Unlike the barware thread this is for any object tiki related--music, mugs,rattan, etc that you would most likely see posted in the Collecting Tiki thread

This thread is ONLY for Northern California. If it seems like a good idea maybe others can start them for their area.

UPDATE

I found my shelf :)

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-07-06 11:49 ]

TWO

That's a great idea Lele.
I'll keep my eyes open.

L

On 2009-06-25 14:40, Tai Won On wrote:
That's a great idea Lele.
I'll keep my eyes open.

Thanks! I dont get to San Jose that often so it would be great if you see one out that way. Picking it up from SJ is no problem at all.

Great idea, I'll be on the watchout for requests. :)

Editing...I was looking for wall shelves, found some...gonna get them from BambooBen...will be back to post pix once I get them and put up in my lounge.

[ Edited by: VampiressRN 2009-07-02 19:52 ]

I am so down with this from the standpoint that I pass on so much because I either have found or don't collect it. Not looking for anything right now except the stuff everyone else is looking for!

PTD

great idea, leleliz! i need some 2-4 inch bamboo half rounds, any length (8' preferred). any other bamboo might be interesting too. i'm working on my tiki room. also, a couple of big pieces of plywood. and 2x4's too!

[ Edited by: kingstiedye 2009-06-25 18:28 ]

On 2009-06-25 18:25, kingstiedye wrote:
great idea, leleliz! i need some 2-4 inch bamboo half rounds, any length (8' preferred). any other bamboo might be interesting too. i'm working on my tiki room. also, a couple of big pieces of plywood. and 2x4's too!

B...

Supplier of Bamboo locally. This place is in Newcastle:

http://www.junglesupplyco.com/

Also, from time to time I see an ad on craigslist from a guy in Fair Oaks selling bamboo poles as well.

PTD

thanks for the tip, duane. but it would probably be cheaper to buy from benson's imports and have them shipped than pay jungle supply's prices. i'm looking for sumpin cheap!

L

For everyone sending me info on the rattan shelves I just wanted you all to know I scored one today for $11 :) So that search is off.

Anyone else looking for anything??

I am looking for someone to buy my Trader Vic's Chinese Oven. :)

I was asking $300, but I would work a deal for TC person before I relist it on CL.

Looking for someone that is going to Tiki Oasis that lives in Norhern California
that is driving a truck and or trailer that can pick up in San Mateo and El Dorado
Hills a couple of rattan tables for me.I could pick them up at Oasis.Will compensate
or do a trade out . Please PM me.

L

If anyone in NorCal is out flea marketing or thrift storing and comes across these type of vintage rocker/garden chairs I would like a pair. Not willing to pay more than $100 for a set (in good condition that is). If they are beat up that is ok as long as they are sturdy. I will most likely spray paint them anyways.

Please pm me :)

E
ebtiki posted on Tue, Jul 6, 2010 5:24 PM

leleliz:
Lowe's sells similar chairs (and two-person rockers), but not for under $100; you may want to keep an eye on them, assuming they'll go on sale at the end of the season.
http://www.lowes.com:80/pd_75833-19407-SB-642-G_0_?productId=3043735&Ntt=retro%20chair&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=retro%20chair$y=0$x=0

Pages: 1 12 replies