Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

JOHN-O's "Tiki Snob" Test

Pages: 1 18 replies

J

OK, here's the test. Please don't take this too seriously (if you do, you really are a snob). Please feel free to add your own criteria, that's the point of this new post. Also please just reply, you don't have to do a quote.

So you might be a Tiki Snob if you.......

1. Know what "Tiki Central" even is. + 5 pts.
  2. Have a TC user ID. + 10 pts.
  3. Post more than twice a week. + 15 pts.
  4. Only wear Aloha wear to Tiki bars. + 10 pts.
  5. Spell "Tiki" with a capital "T". + 10 pts.
  6. Own the "Book of Tiki". + 5 pts.
  7. Own "Tiki Modern". + 10 pts.
  8. Tried to mix a cocktail listed in a Jeff Berry book. + 10 pts.
  9. Know that pineapple juice does not belong in a true Mai-Tai. + 5 pts.
  10. Know that the inventor of the Zombie was neither Don Beach nor Trader Vic (trick question). + 10 pts.
  11. For LA residents, you've had more than 20 of the drinks on the Tiki-Ti menu (but not necessarily in one visit). + 10 pts.
  12. Know who Martin Denny. + 5 pts.
  13. Can name 3 songs by Martin Denny other than "Quiet Village". + 10 pts.
  14. Have driven down Rosemead Blvd, CA. +15 pts.
  15. Know where Whittier, CA is. +15 pts.
  16. Own more than 10 Tiki mugs. +10 pts. (add 2 pts for each over 10, then 3 pts for each over 50).
  17. When planning a trip to a new city, you refer to "Tiki Road Trip" before a standard travel guide. + 15 pts.
  18. When visiting a new city, you bypass world-class museums, parks, monuments, etc. in favor of visiting a 2nd-class Tiki bar. + 25 pts.
  19. When conversing with other Tiki like minded people, you keeping upping the discussion until you mention an obscure Tiki location or drink the other is not familiar with (thus establishing your superior Tiki knowledge). + 20 pts.
  20. Upon the opening of a new Tiki bar, you wildly support and hype it up. When it doesn't live up to your high Tiki expectations (even though non-Tiki people enjoy it), you rejoice in its failure and closing. + 20 pts.
  21. Do not drink alcohol - subtract 50 points.

If you scored over 100 points, you're probably a Tiki Snob.

[ Edited by: JOHN-O 2009-06-28 14:50 ]

SWEET! I broke 100 before even getting to #13

L

John-O this was too much math for me!

Excellent! I am proud to be both a Tiki Snob and a Tiki God, which means if you try and corner me at a party I will walk away from you.

It's my new thing. :D

Uh-oh. I'm a snob. Dang. Wait, maybe that's a good thing in this case?? Heck, I don't know. I'd better go mix another drink.......Shoot, I didn't even include the mug question! Oh, yeah, mix another drink and have another Tikiyaki egg roll.....

:drink:
Tacky

L

On 2009-06-28 15:43, Tacky Tiki wrote:
Oh, yeah, mix another drink and have another Tikiyaki egg roll.....

:drink:
Tacky

No! No more mentioning egg rolls dang it!! Ever since last night I have had cravings like you wouldn't believe thanks to that rogue airline and its party shenanigans! I will not succumb to temptation!

oh and i just found a calculator...I am a snob..one who doesn't own the Book of Tiki but we can just overlook that little sidenote for now :)

B
  1. Doesn't own a single Party City Tiki item (I get points for the capital T) = 50 points

2. Owns one or more Party City items = -50 points for every PC item owned (to which my mug collection might counter-balance the PC stuff - YIKES!)

I had over 400 points on #16 alone!

Well as the missus is the one that picks up the PC stuff I guess I won't deduct the points from my total!!!!
I can't believe that as a "newbie" to the scene I scored 100 before adding in the mugs (72 points).

1. Made a new Tiki Drink +10 points
  2. That was drinkable +20 points
  3. That the mother in law liked +50 points

[ Edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2009-06-28 20:37 ]

On 2009-06-28 20:36, Beach Bum Scott wrote:
Well as the missus is the one that picks up the PC stuff I guess I won't deduct the points from my total!!!!
I can't believe that as a "newbie" to the scene I scored 100 before adding in the mugs (72 points).

1. Made a new Tiki Drink +10 points
  2. That was drinkable +20 points
  3. That the mother in law liked +50 points

[ Edited by: Beach Bum Scott 2009-06-28 20:37 ]

1. That the mother in law didn't like +75 points
H

I got close 90 pts I guess i need a few more mugs

1. When friends go on road trips you check CriTiki and have them get you a mug from the local Tiki bar. +15 points

Whew! Made it!

T

I get penalized 50 pts because I havent drank alcohol in 7 1/2 yrs ? I dont understand .How about I get awarded 500 pts for actually carving Tikis . hahaha Please notice that I capitalized the T in Tiki . Hey , I did it again . And this was my second post today .

DZ

Boris referred to himself as a "Tiki God" - be sure to check out this quiz thread from back in 2003 and find out if you are too!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6234&forum=1

Quiz question number 20 is THE BEST, I am still laughing.

K

Hey now... Party City is good for those plastic Tiki mugs that you buy for your friends that you don't even trust with your Cost Plus World Market mugs let alone your prized collection of mugs.

1. Made a U-Moderate vote to move this thread to Bilge. +100 pts.
B

Oops - looks like Woofmut is the ultimate Tiki Snob! LOL

80,I think that's a good place to be. Just Tiki enough.

some more test points...

1. Knowing there are lyrics to "Quiet Village" +15
  2. Knowing what the lyrics are +50
  3. Being able to play "Quiet Village" on the Ukulele is a free pass at being a snob
  4. Being able to play JB's "The Tiki Bar Is Open" on anything -100

Pages: 1 18 replies