Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

colorado tiki excursions

Pages: 1 8 replies

A new "release" from the expected. I am retiring from a long career in a misplaced occupation, and am developing a "tiki"
adventure for all who wish to expierience all that life has to offer, in more than the usuall venue. I am opening a couple of tiki bars in some really cool, but out of the everyday environments, 13,000 foot rocky mountian peaks, for example, for anyone who wishes to explore life before day to day bullshit consumes your soul. I should have done this 30 years ago. But it's never too late. What does anybody think?

Hmmmm.

A Tiki/Oxygen bar in Aspen or maybe Vail????

Perhaps a Tiki Bar at the top of a 14er?

A hike up to the sky and as a reward you'll find a crisp Mai Tai waiting for you.

Can't think of a better way to spend a day!

T

Not quite a full-time destination, but Pacifica (in Aspen) is doing Tiki Tuesdays. Today is the last one until the summer season, though. http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=45128&forum=4&1

M

Last week I spotted one of 4WDtiki's tikis skiing on Berthoud Pass at 11,000 feet.

There was a tiki-esque place in Estes Park, CO, a few years ago - don't know if it's still there

T

The place up in Estes Park is called Mountain Munchies. Their facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/mountaintikibar, but here's a short description in their own words...
Mountain Munchies opened May 2005, serving the best hot dogs in Estes Park, Colorado. The Tiki Bar was added in 2010, making the place rock all summer long. We have live music every Friday and Saturday night. Our bartenders make boat drinks from real fruit and juices, they make the best mojitos in the Rocky Mountains, and they are the friendliest bartenders in town. The Tiki Bar has the largest selection of rum in Northern Colorado, ask about our rum runners club. So if you want that island experience when visiting the mountains, a place where you can escape the downtown bustle and sit next to the Big Thompson River on our outdoor patio, the only place to be is the TIKI BAR. Come, sit, and stay on our patio by the Big Thompson river where the boat drinks are made fresh, the staff is laid back and the Island music never stops. Live music on Friday and Saturday nights. Best outdoor patio in Estes Park, Colorado, with the Rocky Mountain National Park in the background. Hang out where the locals party!

On 2013-04-18 13:10, TikiTie wrote:
...bartenders make boat drinks from real fruit and juices...
...The Tiki Bar has the largest selection of rum in Northern Colorado...

I'm wondering if the term "boat drinks" is more common in some parts of the US than in others?

Nice to see they are rum-centric. I've been to Estes Park and had a great time there.

T

Pacifica, in Aspen, is doing Tiki Tuesday again for the Summer season. Each week the menu will feature the drinks of 1 iconic cocktail master.

Last week it was Don the Beachcomber

The drink menu is small, which helps keep people from being overwhelmed with choices.

Joseph and Don

Hopefully a few of you TCers can make it up one week!

Pages: 1 8 replies