Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Benzart Blood'n Guts

Pages: 1 12 replies

B

Here are a few photos of the injury to my hand that some of you asked to see.

L

I think I threw up in my mouth a little!

You poor guy--the knife is supposed to carve the wood not yourself!

Heal quick!!

Wow thats horribly awesome. So let me get this straight is the little cut an exit wound?
I hope you keep that one clean. I can tell by the angle of hack there may have been a second carver? perhaps on the grassy noll.

Hope it heals well.

B

Yes it would seem there was another carver but alas no mystry here. The work bench had a holder for the small chisels that worked kinda like a screwdriver holder, a row of holes where the tools could be held point down out of the way and would have been OK but for the shelves behind the tools. to get anything from those shelves your hand had to pass those chisel points which must have been hungry that day. I have removed those tools.
It will heal and it's just another lesson learned.

YIKES BENZ! That is a good one. I've been stitched up in three incidents in my life, and yours certainly is right on par with my worst. (Details withheld)

Once those stitches comes out, vitamin E (the liquid capsules) applied to the cut twice a day for a few weeks will get rid of that scar toot sweet. We need you to keep your status as best resident TC hand model, so it's worth a shot!

Speedy recovery, pallie~!

-Andy

Vitamin E? Why would you want to get rid of a beauty like that?

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever" :lol:

Hope you're back in the game soon.

P
Paipo posted on Sun, Jul 12, 2009 8:46 PM

So, you did this reaching for some stuff on a shelf and not actually carving, and still managed to make the knife go through your entire hand? NOOOOOOOO!!!! I hope everything is gonna be alright in there, please don't hurt it on our account. You just about need your own full-time doc with all the crap you've had to put up with lately - your patience and continued output of magical creations is testament to your character. I think I need to send you some sort of good luck charm..

Glad it's minor , my friend.

Ugfuh Arlynay!

What is up with
BEN's
and self-mutilation?
:lol:

Looks like you're in charge of the East Coast
and Bamboo Ben has the West Coast!

Heal fast,my friend!

8T

After so many pictures of your injuries and surgeries over the past few years, I think you need to consider changing your handle to "Bens'scarred". You have officially earned the hand carving merit badge. CONGRATULATIONS! Heal well my friend. 8FT

Relax Ben, you know I AM a doctor...

AND HERE YOU HAVE IT!!!

A genuine original official BenZart Memorial Totoweka Wood Gouge . . .
. . . made from genuine New Zealand totoweka (blood of the weka bird)
pounamu in the form of a Maori (style) jade wood gouge -

First the totoweka wood gouge:

Next, a backlit photo of a small mere showing the weka "blood" inclusions which are characteristic
of totoweka pounamu. (I wasn't able to show these in the gouge with my photographic skills
but they are even more pronounced and "blood-like" than they are in this photo.

[ Edited by: timidtiki 2009-07-23 09:37 ]

Pages: 1 12 replies