Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

need help please

Pages: 1 16 replies

Hi All, I will be having a lounge set up at Oasis for room crawlers, and was wondering if there was a good recipe that any of you have that includes Lemoncello? I make it from scratch from an old Italian recipe and I would like to make a mixed drink as well.

Any help would really be appreciated! Thanks again

Amy

P

How about a nice lazy lemondrop?
Not too expensive, and you can make a buttload at a time.
equal parts lemoncello and smyrnoff's citrus vodka..
run a cut lemon around the rim and dip in sugar-drink-repeat...
Depending on the sweetness of your lemoncello, you may want to adjust the proportions...for a little something extra exotic, drop in a lychee..canned is ok, but fresh...Ohmyghod!
OR!
lemoncello and lavender are fabulous together..
spiked lavendar lemonchello-aide.

both sound great, thanks!

Amy

Try playing around with the scorpion recipe. You might be able to create an "Italian Scorpion", one whose zing is worst than his bite?

You can make an incredible margarita by replacing it with the sweet and sour.
I never tried a margarita with rum.
A rumarita? Give it a shot.
Have fun!

thanks again for the help!!!!

Amy

Lemoncello Bombs!

With Hefeweizen of course....

Sven??

I found this one online:

THE CAPRI

Ingredients Per Cocktail:
1 ounce gin
1/2 ounce limoncello
5 kumquats
4 fresh mint leaves
3 dashes orange bitters
Splash of soda

Preparation:
Muddle 3 kumquats, 3 mint leaves, limoncello and bitters in the bottom of a martini shaker.

Next, fill shaker with ice and add gin. Shake vigorously.

Fill a glass one third of the way with fresh ice, drop in a kumquat, add more ice.

Add the remaining kumquat and cover with ice.

Strain the cocktail into a glass and finish with a splash of soda.
Garnish with a mint leaf.

It might be fun to play around with the recipe and maybe use Cruzan Light Rum instead of gin. Maybe some Cointreau instead of orange bitters. I like the use of the kumquats, though. Makes a cool presentation.

^^ Looks very refreshing Tom. I like the sound of everything hey, I like gin! I know....it's not rum but I can feel the crisp light rum too.

Tom you and your exotic cocktails.... I like

1 rocks glass
1 ice cube
Add good rum to desired level
Enjoy!

I just realized something. Kumquats may be too exotic. I think they're out of season -- something you can only get in the late fall.

Oh well.

After I change out the gin for rum, the kumquats for some other fruit, and the orange bitters for Cointreau it's an entirely different drink.

I still like the martini pitcher, though...

Hinano_Paul's recipe is good all year round!

Thanks for all the help, we tried a few of the recipes and did well, we had over 300 people who came Friday and saturday night, we went thru 15 bottles of rum for mixed drinks, 10 gallons mixed rum punch, 5 gallons of limoncello!!! what a weekend!

Amy

Z

...and it was AWESOME!

Question: if I bought some commercially made limoncello, would it taste anything at all like the stuff you guys had, Amy? I know for sure the alcohol content would be way less, all the stuff at the store is only 50-60 proof. And was that a cocktail, or straight up homemade limoncello?

/stealing ideas :wink:

Thanks!

Hi Jason, The store bought lemoncello is definitely more tart. Ours was completely home made, yes, we used ever-clear, so stronger, but much smoother. We use better lemons home grown as well. When I tried some recipes with the store bought, they weren't as good as using the homemade.

It also depends on how much sugar syrup you use. the best store bought lemoncello for mixes is sorento(sp?) The Amaretto people. I like it the best for store bought.

Amy

TL

Yes Amy , We loved your Limoncello's. Give us a clue on your recipe it was fab!

Pages: 1 16 replies